Home

How much does your budget increase?

This is a discussion on How much does your budget increase? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-09-2013, 03:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How much does your budget increase?

I have been playing a franchise with the Astros and every year the budget increases 10% no matter what happens on the field. I had the first pick a couple of years in row and the increase was the same as when I finally won the world series. I was just curious if this was the same for every team or just the Astros. It takes a long time to get a good budget with the Astros. Its tough but fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #2
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: How much does your budget increase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleb10
I have been playing a franchise with the Astros and every year the budget increases 10% no matter what happens on the field. I had the first pick a couple of years in row and the increase was the same as when I finally won the world series. I was just curious if this was the same for every team or just the Astros. It takes a long time to get a good budget with the Astros. Its tough but fun.
You shouldnt be increasing budget with the worst record in baseball.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:27 PM   #3
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm not sure of the answer to your question, but here is what I have noticed:

I've got two Franchises going as the Indians.. In both I started with 51.5m in budget, and in year two it's 56.65m in both saves. That's exactly 10%.

However in a seperate Red Sox franchise I have going I'm about a month in I'm 15-9 and in 1st place... I am currently projected to LOOSE a little bit.

It's almost as if bigger market teams have a more critical response to wins and losses. While with small-market teams like the Indians, or the team you're playing, you're given more "leeway."

I don't know if that makes any sense, but I've noticed with big budget teams it takes a constantly winning ratio to gain or maintain, while smaller budget teams can go up even I they do bad.

What I don't understand is why your bonus wasn't bigger for winnig the WS, that doesn't make sense.

EDIT: it just occurred to me, there might be a 10% a year cap on teams to stop certain a teams from getting carried away.

Last edited by kpkpkp; 05-09-2013 at 05:35 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:40 PM   #4
Rookie

Winning the world series and staying the same on budget increase is what brought me to the forum for answers. It doesn't add up.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:31 AM   #5
Banned

tylerh's Arena

The budget increase system is wack, which is too bad, because it was a big focus as one the "improvements" this year. You never really feel like you gain an advantage payroll-wise because just about every other team is increasing at about the same rate. Only when a large market team does poorly does it decrease.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #6
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerh
The budget increase system is wack, which is too bad, because it was a big focus as one the "improvements" this year. You never really feel like you gain an advantage payroll-wise because just about every other team is increasing at about the same rate. Only when a large market team does poorly does it decrease.
I agree that something seems to be out of whack with budgets.

I was curious to see what would happen if I started a 30 team franchise, put everything on auto, and simmed the season to see what would happen to each team's budget.

It seems as if certain small-market teams go up 10% regardless of what happens. The Indians, Houston, Twins, and other small-market Teams all went up exactly 10%.

As you said the only teams that went down or some large market teams that did not do well. The Red Sox for example finished under .500 and lost a few million. Some large market teams did well and went up.

It's Almost as if small-market teams are on autopilot to go up 10% while large market teams have a chance to go either up or down.

Also making the post season, or winning titles didn't provide any special bonus.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #7
Rookie

Just to add to the crowd... the budgets are out of whack.

I am 20 or so years into a Colorado Rockies franchise and while it says your budget increase/decrease is based on on the field performance I steadily had a 10% increase for years till my budget was just short of $200 million then when I was having 90-110 win seasons (ya know amazing years) my budget started to decrease 10-20% for a few years then has pretty much leveled out to small drops.

It seems like the claim of it being based on your on field performance is untrue.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #8
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

I had one with the Rays that 3 months in was losing money and projecting a decrease. Was currently cap'd out and had no space to sign any players, traded Price and started to make money and was projected a 10% increase.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »