Home

Pitching Placement

This is a discussion on Pitching Placement within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-08-2013, 07:41 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Pitching Placement

When pitching with an off speed pitch do I place the ball cursor in the glove? Or do I place the last little arrow at the end of the ball cursor in the middle of the glove? I never did understand this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Pitching Placement

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubs3141
When pitching with an off speed pitch do I place the ball cursor in the glove? Or do I place the last little arrow at the end of the ball cursor in the middle of the glove? I never did understand this.
The little arrows but I would suggest not listening to the catcher, why would you want to tip off the CPU where you will be throwing.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:46 PM   #3

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthday_massacre
The little arrows but I would suggest not listening to the catcher, why would you want to tip off the CPU where you will be throwing.
Throwing the pitch your catcher calls is not tipping the opposing batter.

Edit: But to add to that, don't be afraid to call your catcher off from time to time, they do a decent job of calling a game but if they throw down a call you're not comfortable with don't be afraid to throw something else.

They like to call back door curves and sliders which I've seen more disaster with than success so I tend to shy away from those on most occasions.

Last edited by kehlis; 05-08-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:48 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Throwing the pitch your catcher calls is not tipping the opposing batter.
You are throwing it where the CPU wants, and if you are listening to the catcher for the whole game the CPU is going to learn your tendencies and that is pretty much tipping the batter as far as video games goes.

You are better off throwing it where you want and not where the CPU tells you they want it

I found I pitch much better when I am not putting the pitch where the catcher calls for it
Old 05-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #5

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
You are throwing it where the CPU wants, and if you are listening to the catcher for the whole game the CPU is going to learn your tendencies and that is pretty much tipping the batter as far as video games goes.

You are better off throwing it where you want and not where the CPU tells you they want it

I found I pitch much better when I am not putting the pitch where the catcher calls for it
That's not true though and see my edit above where I agree with you in certain area's.

The catcher though attempts to call a balanced game and I see times where he strays from that from time to time.

Definately have no problem shaking him off from time to time but I think where I disagree with you is you are using a statement like CPU and lumping your teammates AI together with your opponents AI and that's not true.

They work independently.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:

There's no connection at all between the pitch suggestion feature and the actual AI of the batter at the plate. This has been confirmed by developers several times.

And the glove represents where the ball will be caught... where it will end up. So if the glove is below the strike zone, calling for a sinker, you'd aim the sinker in the strike zone, so it breaks down into the glove.

Edit: I see I was too slow!
Old 05-08-2013, 09:58 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
I don't think you would be tipping off the CPU any more by pitching the ball where the catcher wants you to or not. The "CPU" knows where the ball is going anyway. You input the commands but it still figures out where the ball is going. The CPU could get a hit every time if it wanted to.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:43 PM   #8
MVP

G3no_11's Arena

OVR: 9

I think someone is a little paranoid about the CPU being out to get them.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »