Home

(PS3) Game won't load

This is a discussion on (PS3) Game won't load within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 11:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon13 (PS3) Game won't load

Ok so I inserted my NBA 2k13 game disc this AM and to my surprise, it stopped loading at the ESRB ratings screen and won't go any further ! I then turned off my PS3 console, turned the PS3 back on, signed out of PSN, reloaded the game and it worked fine until I signed back into the PSN then it froze on the home screen ! Anybody else having this issue ?

PS: I made a backup of all my game files then deleted every file (including Game Data Utility) and the game still won't load past the ESRB ratings screen so I'm assuming this may be something on 2k part ! All other games I have load just fine !
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #2
Rookie

ltylerj's Arena

Re: (PS3) Game won't load

I'm having this same problem. Exactly the same way as you're describing. When it use to do this, I'd let it sit for a few minutes and it would bypass it, but this time it totally locks up my PS3.

If you don't sign in until you're at the main menu, it seems to work fine...but if you try to sign in before the game starts up or during the initial boot up, it freezes every time.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #3
Rookie

Icon14 Re: (PS3) Game won't load

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltylerj
I'm having this same problem. Exactly the same way as you're describing. When it use to do this, I'd let it sit for a few minutes and it would bypass it, but this time it totally locks up my PS3.

If you don't sign in until you're at the main menu, it seems to work fine...but if you try to sign in before the game starts up or during the initial boot up, it freezes every time.

Same here ! Thanks for responding ! I see your UK avatar ! I'm a Card fan from Louisville ! LOL
Old 05-07-2013, 12:13 PM   #4
Rookie

moondeath's Arena

OVR: 1

So I got PS3 version yesterday instead of PC or Wii U and now there is my price!

Hope it gets solved soon
Old 05-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #5
Rookie

Gamzilla's Arena

OVR: 3

I just called 2K Customer Support. The Phone # is inside the instruction manuel. They are aware of this problem. It is a problem that effects all PS3 users trying to play NBA 2k13.

Surprisingly, they answered very quickly. (No more than a 2 minute wait). They took my e-mail address. Said I'd receive an E-mail in the next 5 mins with step by step instructions on how to resolve it. If it didn't work, they'd continue working on their end.

I've got to head of to work, so I won't be able to pass E-mail info. off to you guys. Hope that info helps!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2013, 12:22 PM   #6
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2044992860
Novato, CA, USA
Old 05-07-2013, 01:01 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Glad I'm not the only one.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:48 PM   #8
Rookie

EverythingSucks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aMajorNoob
Glad I'm not the only one.
Wow, me too. It just started happening today! Glad I'm not the only one. It might be too late for me though. I saved my game files and in the process of formatting my HDD. 18 hours to go! Ughh!! I wish I could have waited for the solution! Damn 2k, Now I lost all my other saved games for nothing Sigh Oh, I also tried not downloading the 1.03 version and it went straight into the game but the resolution was off, it was a smaller screen window. Anyone else get that?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »