Home

Ultimate Team "exploit"

This is a discussion on Ultimate Team "exploit" within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-05-2013, 03:03 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Ultimate Team "exploit"

After only getting 1 point in my last 9 matches (across 2 Seasons) I was pretty frustrated with getting my @$$ handed to me in FUT (only Division 4).

I googled "why is fifa ultimate team so hard" and stumbled upon a blog/article stating that keeping bronze players on your bench lowers your team rating and thus gets you matched up against (slightly) easier opponents.

Most of my guys are in the 80-82 range. I took half my bench out and replaced them with the worst bronze cards I had. Lo and behold I squeaked out a win 2-1. More importantly, it felt like a decent match, not like I was a JV squad getting run down by the Varsity boys every time (I seriously almost broke something in my house or hurt myself this afternoon in my losing streak)

Just wondering how many FUT players do this? I really don't think I would do an entire bronze bench because I like to have a couple decent subs for injuries/yellows (i get nervous about having a guy suspended)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2013, 03:26 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Ultimate Team "exploit"

What is your team like chemistry wise? I haven't been able to play in a while thanks to being away for college but I started out with a bronze MLS team than a silver MLS team that I got to division 3 with. I just run with players I'm familar with and seem to do well. Certain traits with players and high work rate helpe me a lot as well.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 11

Chemistry is always 95-100, and i have enough guys to sub out anyone whose fitness drops below 89. I try to go with the guys that just feel like the play the best out there, and not focus too much on their numerical ratings, but i'm pretty convinced that "pace" matters a bit too much. I know speed is important, and i also try to get faster guys and stay away from slower guys... and it just makes me wonder if the teams i've been playing are all like 85 and above for pace...
Old 05-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeRoberts
Chemistry is always 95-100, and i have enough guys to sub out anyone whose fitness drops below 89. I try to go with the guys that just feel like the play the best out there, and not focus too much on their numerical ratings, but i'm pretty convinced that "pace" matters a bit too much. I know speed is important, and i also try to get faster guys and stay away from slower guys... and it just makes me wonder if the teams i've been playing are all like 85 and above for pace...
I actually got to division 2 with a MLS/USMNT team. I would rotate a lot rather than buy fitness cards like you. I've quickly found out that division 2 is a pace fest. Over the top three balls like crazy. I've also found out that speed matters more than strength when boxing out a guy to prevent him from getting to the ball. Game makes no sense to me at all.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:15 AM   #5
Too old for manual FIFA

hedache's Arena

OVR: 4

I just started playing FUT like a week ago. And I am seeing why it was a good idea to wait this long. A whole different game, this is not the FIFA I've been playing since whenever. But it's good for a change of scenery pace and style. Not too much fun but a change is good since I don't find friends often anymore to play with these days.

I finished two seasons and in division 3 at the moment. Based on how I struggled in the first 6 games of Div4 (I didn't lose them all but I didn't win till game 6 I think, I remember I was 0-3-2), I may not make it through to Div2 right away.

It was already a crazy pace fest in Div4, I can only imagine how it gets from here on, and I wonder how long I will keep playing this. People are idiots, no one likes to lose, you get these *******s that won't skip stupid **** for hours, and then ones that quit early, etc.

But the gameplay is nowhere close to what I have been playing in friendlies or manual lobby. Oh yea, that's another thing, playing all manual makes it even tougher, and an extra notch impossible in these games. After playing against some super human goalies, plus my inability to aim right in that speedy environment, I decided to invest in some goalie coaching. We'll see how that plays out.

But when it comes to the main topic, I haven't really worried about it. My whole bench is gold, and I still get a variety of opponents. It's really up to who is available at that point. And it really doesn't matter, I'll beat a guy with all 83+ players, then this one guy will come and give me a hard time with bronze and silver players spread into his 11. It's all about what you have going, not them.

My team is 80 to 83 on midfield and forward, and then 76 to 79s on the back four. Nothing too fancy. I don't think I'll ever have enough coins to land the big guys, and I may not need to. I see myself going back to normal paced manual lobby games soon anyways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #6
ERA
MVP

ERA's Arena

Just saying, if you don't want trouble in UT, you may have to spend money on it.. I've spent $150+ on UT and my teams overall is 86. It is very easy to get past divisions with a good team.

Chelsea FC
Old 05-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I just started playing FUT this week after I spent some MS Points on the game while I was drunk a while ago. My team is 80 OVR with 97-100% chemistry, but I usually get killed by other gold teams. I'm 2-0-3 in division 5 and my only two wins were against teams with terrible bronze and silver players. Haha, I'm terrible at FUT.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:34 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

The bronze thing doesnt matter. After hearing this I ran some numbers on my OVR with and w/o bronze players and found that the average opponent OVR was only slightly lower over, running 20 matches with either setup. I dont have the numbers anymore, but I remeber it was something like 82.3 with bronzes and 82.5 w/o...close enough that you can see that it doesnt matter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »