Home

GM MODE...NEED IMPROVEMENTS in 14

This is a discussion on GM MODE...NEED IMPROVEMENTS in 14 within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
GM MODE...NEED IMPROVEMENTS in 14

The GM Mode in the NHL Series has been pretty bad and dull since 08. Are there any plans to pump some more life into it in NHL 14?

More stats?, better interface? Ability to control more teams? Play random games on the schedule? An NHL News section? Team Previews? Playoff Previews and Tales of the Tape comparisons??? etc??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2013, 06:36 PM   #2
Banned

Re: GM MODE...NEED IMPROVEMENTS in 14

Maybe a History section that saves stats, scores, standings, league leaders throughout the years that you can look back at review
Old 05-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLaguna
Maybe a History section that saves stats, scores, standings, league leaders throughout the years that you can look back at review
Amen, Brother! This is sorely needed!!
Old 05-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 3

I would be happy enough if they only fixed player progression..

Endurance, durability, aggression for skaters and vision for goalies stay at the same level from when a player is drafted to when they retire.. At the same time, you'll have dozens of players with 99 rated passing, checking, shooting power/acc. etc..

Also, all CPU generated rookies come into the league with whip flex sticks, #4 curve, and 9" skates...

GM mode is a mess, it needs a ton of work to even be playable.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #5
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike0ne

Endurance, durability, aggression for skaters and vision for goalies stay at the same level from when a player is drafted to when they retire.. At the same time, you'll have dozens of players with 99 rated passing, checking, shooting power/acc. etc..

Also, all CPU generated rookies come into the league with whip flex sticks, #4 curve, and 9" skates...

Endurance should be able to increase/decrease. It all depends how good of shape the player is in. Usually, rookies will not be able to log large minutes in games because they can't keep up with the NHL game yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I would love for GM mode to be revamped, but I am not holding my breath for it to be done. Even if it were with the amount of fixes that would be needed, we would only get a few of the features to work as they are intended to and the rest would be fixed in later editions of the series. I only play offline GM mode so the current state of Be a GM is a bummer.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:44 PM   #7
Rookie

mpu86e's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike0ne

this for me is the reason i quit BEAGM in season 6... the rookies all develop the same way... they only improve in puck skills... by year 6 there was already 20 players with better puck skills then sidney crosby... endurance doesn't improve and too many slow players
Old 05-07-2013, 01:27 AM   #8
Rookie

Rookie progression in BAGM mode is terrible right now. Top 5 in the draft are almost a 100% lock to become dominant, best in the league type players, and 3rd round and below draft picks are 95% locks to become guys you release after their entry level contracts.

Now and then you will find a late 2nd round pick become ok (like in real life), and maybe (maybe) a 3rd every now and then.

4th round and down have 0 chance of ever playing in the league.

I know IRL there is also a very low chance of a 4th rounder and down making it, but every year you see a low pick come out of nowhere.

Plus, contracts should be based on performance, not on rating. I have had guys who have never played a game in the NHL asking for 1st line money coming out of the AHL because their rating bumped up to the mid 80's.

Plus how about the occasional first round bust? I know it would piss me off if I drafted in the lottery and the guy never panned out, but at least it would be closer to reality.

PS. I have noticed lately that there is a huge deficit in right handed D-men. (at least in my BAGM)

Most times I have to scroll through 30 players before a right handed guy comes up.

They are rare, but not that rare. Sometimes only 2 per draft.
Might just be a glitch in my career, but who knows.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »