Home

RTTS: Still in AAA, rated 80+?

This is a discussion on RTTS: Still in AAA, rated 80+? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #1
Rookie

The Commish's Arena

OVR: 0
RTTS: Still in AAA, rated 80+?

Currently I am floundering in AAA as a 79 3rd basemen for the Tigers. I'm hoping against hope that I get traded soon because I don't see them promoting me any time soon as I'm behind Miguel Cabrera who is a 99. However I am a utility infielder and rated higher than any other backup currently on the roster at any infield position and rated higher than the current SS.

I played a full season in AA and batted .456 avg and I'm finishing out June in my AAA campaign batting .474 in my 2nd year. I started out playing for the braves and got traded to the tigers who had absolutely no need for me...

What is the highest you've been rated and not been called up to the big leagues?

Currently I'm 79 and will probably be 80 very soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2013, 06:47 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: RTTS: Still in AAA, rated 80+?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commish
Currently I am floundering in AAA as a 79 3rd basemen for the Tigers. I'm hoping against hope that I get traded soon because I don't see them promoting me any time soon as I'm behind Miguel Cabrera who is a 99. However I am a utility infielder and rated higher than any other backup currently on the roster at any infield position and rated higher than the current SS.

I played a full season in AA and batted .456 avg and I'm finishing out June in my AAA campaign batting .474 in my 2nd year. I started out playing for the braves and got traded to the tigers who had absolutely no need for me...

What is the highest you've been rated and not been called up to the big leagues?

Currently I'm 79 and will probably be 80 very soon.
That happened to me as well, I was a CF for team that had a need for a CF, I get called up to the bigs for spring training after my 3rd year in the minors, then i get traded to a team that has a CD and I got sent down to AAA.

Lucky for me the OS rosters came out so i stopped playing RTTS. Maybe you can try asking for a trade?
Old 05-02-2013, 06:52 PM   #3
Rookie

The Commish's Arena

That pesky option doesn't exist in my interactions page yet for some reason. If I don't get traded soon I'll ask for a change in position even though I really don't want to change.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:13 PM   #4
Rookie

Was a SP rated 84 for the Cardinals playing in AAA. Was traded to Washington where I played 1 game in AAA before they called me up as a starter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-02-2013, 10:04 PM   #5
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

i simmed my first year in RTTS as a 2b i got traded to LAD half way through, they called me up to MLB bench in spring training and kept me for the entire season on the bench despite me completing every goal...im stuck behind weeks and only a 60 OVR and anytime i try and request a position change my manager says no!!!! this is frustrating.

i'd rather have your problem

call ups are goal based mostly once u hit a 63+ overall
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2013, 11:03 PM   #6
Rookie

The Commish's Arena

They can't be solely based on goals as I've only missed 1 or 2 goals my whole career. And at that it was related to fielding .950, so I've met all of my training point goals.

However I can see why you would be frustrated.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:33 AM   #7
MVP

G3no_11's Arena

OVR: 9

Personally I would be glad to be in your position. They usually call me up before I am ready to do real damage at the next level.

What difficulty/sliders are you using to put up a .400+ average every year? lol

Are you on the 40-man roster?
Old 05-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #8
Rookie

The Commish's Arena

Well that is the thing, I wanted to boost my guy before they called me up, because in years past I found myself in your same position of being called up to early. So I lowered my sliders and went down to rookie so that I could mash the ball and get more training points.

As the seasons went on I raised my sliders and difficulty anticipating being called up to the bigs. Now I am just overpowering these guys and can't understand why I'm not either being called up or traded.

So while my numbers may be fabricated, it still doesn't explain why I'm not being called up. I guess ultimately they feel I'm to valuable to trade but not valuable enough to call up because of playing the same position as Cabrera.

No, I'm not on the 40 man roster yet either...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »