Home

Draft Classes for Madden "25"

This is a discussion on Draft Classes for Madden "25" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-30-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
Rookie

maizeblue13's Arena

OVR: 8
Draft Classes for Madden "25"

Bring back imported draft classes in Madden 25. Or maybe even make the draft classes editable kinda like in NBA 2K13. It is literally real rookies or bust for me. I want the real players every year for my franchise and we used to be able to do this but now we cant. So make some sort of option, whether it be imported draft classes from NCAA 14 or something like NBA 2K13, so we can have real draft classes. Simple as this, if the option is there, I buy the game for sure. If not, I probably dont buy it. Leave your thoughts on this below.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2013, 04:42 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Draft Classes for Madden "25"

The biggest hope is that somehow "Madden Share" is related to this.... that Madden is implemeting something similar to what NBA 2K does thus allowing to share files and hopefully draft classes are included in this.

I find it unlikely because of the back stories on rookies and the fact the Trey Wingo is confirmed for M25 already so I'd imagine he'd be extending on his previous role with these back stories.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:45 PM   #3
Rookie

TreyDobbs's Arena

OVR: 5

I used to have the same state of mind until Madden 13. These draft classes are amazing. I've come to realize that just like college football recruiting, players are cycled out each year. If Madden had "real" draft classes, you'd only see one true draft class and the rest would be fake. Or if NCAA still had the exporting of draft classes you'd have 3 or 4 classes with real player and the rest would be fake (with fake profile pictures). I like these made up pre-generated classes that Madden now has. It's more life-like. This is definitely not something I would factor into whether or not I'd buy the game.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:06 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyDobbs
I used to have the same state of mind until Madden 13. These draft classes are amazing. I've come to realize that just like college football recruiting, players are cycled out each year. If Madden had "real" draft classes, you'd only see one true draft class and the rest would be fake. Or if NCAA still had the exporting of draft classes you'd have 3 or 4 classes with real player and the rest would be fake (with fake profile pictures). I like these made up pre-generated classes that Madden now has. It's more life-like. This is definitely not something I would factor into whether or not I'd buy the game.

I agree.I didn't think I would like it, but I actually do. Instead of just searching for a name, you actually have to pay attention to who you're drafting. Adds a personality to players you're putting on your team.

I'd just like to see it more dynamic so there aren't guides online on who to draft, that kills online leagues. Make it so that you never know who will be sleeper picks or busts
Old 04-30-2013, 05:10 PM   #5
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyDobbs
What is stopping Madden from having......dunt dunt dunnnnnnn....both?

Use the real draft classes for 2 or 3 years, then start using the fictional ones. That's what I do with NBA 2K.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2013, 05:16 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

They need to also make the draft classes varied. Like some players that are beasts, big guys with great speed and so on. But I would say that I like the scouting system and the players and as much as sometimes it annoys me, I like actually earning XP and improving players. Makes me look at my players when trying to decide if I want to resign them or not.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:21 PM   #7
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

I seriously doubt there will be imported draft classes or editing of them.It seemed to be put in the ''maybe in the future'' file.If you buy the game every year it may not matter much but if you don't then it probably will.Everyone has different priorities for what they find acceptable.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:22 PM   #8
Rookie

TreyDobbs's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
What is stopping Madden from having......dunt dunt dunnnnnnn....both?

Use the real draft classes for 2 or 3 years, then start using the fictional ones. That's what I do with NBA 2K.
In this scenario, you'd have to project how a college player will be 2-3 years down the line, which is next to impossible. You can't have the best of both world's. If you did, it'd be very unrealistic. You'd almost get to the point where you're basing Madden off Rivals, 247, or ESPN high school rankings which those recruiting services miss on players just as much as they hit the nail on the head. I enjoy the draft classes as they are now, but I just wish the players had personalities. I wish that when you see "player X was suspended for the year" or "player Y was kicked off the team but still went into the draft" that their personalities would reflect that when you draft them. They might come into the league at an 84 overall but would act up and you'd have to suspend them or cut them because the number of fans attending games was declining because "player Y" was caught doing pot or arrested for a DUI. I get why NCAA doesn't do this. Because they don't want to tarnish colleges and act as if that's what college athletics is about. But that IS WHAT THE NFL IS ABOUT. It happens every single month. We hear about players acting up, or even the opposite and becoming a leader, all the time. I just wish those personalities were reflected off the field and you had to make roster decisions over it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »