Home

Unexpected Overachievers

This is a discussion on Unexpected Overachievers within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #1
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8
Unexpected Overachievers

I've had some crazy production from the most unexpected players, the main ones being...

David Ross - yes he's still my back up catcher but it seems like I hit a home run with him every game I play, he's hitting way over .300 with a handful of homers and Ive started him about a handful of times...
John Lackey - he still has the stuff to be a great pitcher but right now hes in the lead to win Cy, if I remember correctly he has a 1.35-ish ERA & 5-1 record...
Jacoby Ellsbury - this is just a personal unexpected one for me, I have never been able to play well with Ellsbury for as long as he's been in video games. This year he's in the hunt for MVP(not enough HR though)... maybe its because it's his Free Agent year, lol

A few other notables: Jose Iglesias was hitting awesome before Drew got healthy, Mike Carp is hitting mid .300s, Jackie Bradley Jr is on his way to winning ROTY...

Who's been a surprise for you?...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2013, 02:16 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Unexpected Overachievers

Colby Rasmus after one season hit. 290 with 34 HR and 92 RBI for me
Old 04-21-2013, 04:26 PM   #3
Banned

Bronx Bomber03's Arena

Somehow someway Ivan Nova has started the season 13-0 with a 2.22 era. I play 1 Sim 5 so its not like I play most of his starts. its weird but cool.

Sent via Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #4
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8

Yeah... I just realized I posted this in the rosters thread lol...
Could someone please move this to the general Show thread, thank you...
Old 04-22-2013, 05:31 PM   #5
Banned

I decided to do a Mariners franchise because whoever did the set up for the OSFM did a great job. I had Dustin Ackley go BA .289, 31 HR, and 102 RBI splitting time between the lead off and #2 slot. I know he had alot of polish coming out of North Carlina and was compared to Chase Utley, but by looking at his ratings and his recent "real life" production I did not think he was capable of these heights. Although the next year I signed him to a big contract and he decided to revert back to his old self and Bombed big time to the tune of BA .232, HR 7, RBI 45. He was injured twice both for 3-4 weeks, but still not a very good sign in the first year of a big contract.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2013, 06:07 PM   #6
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

for some. odd odd reason felix dubrount always leads the AL in SO's for me, and i don't play a single one of his games
Old 04-23-2013, 01:23 AM   #7
MVP

BrianM207's Arena

OVR: 3

For me it's been Aaron Laffey(Mets). He's been absoloutely sick the first month of the year. in 5 games started he's 4-1 with a 1.87 era, 4 quality starts(all complete games), 1 shutout, allowed 10 runs(9 earned) on 46 hits in 43.1 ip, allowed just 3 hr's, 0 walks, and struck out 24. Didnt expect that from the southpaw at all!
Old 04-23-2013, 09:48 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 2

If there is one thing I've noticed, it's the pitchers inconsistencies, which I absolutely love. Long gone are the days of CC Sabathia winning 20 games every simmed season. To the OP, sounds like you are the red sox and your hitting is too easy. After about 25 games or so I can usually evaluate where im at. If Ross is still balling after a couple weeks, I'd tweak your sliders without a doubt.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »