Home

General consensus for how many games to sim in Franchise?

This is a discussion on General consensus for how many games to sim in Franchise? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-19-2013, 03:56 AM   #1
Rookie

GordoJ's Arena

OVR: 0
General consensus for how many games to sim in Franchise?

Hey guys,

Just starting out my Franchise as my Giants. I haven't gotten into a true baseball sim in years, and would really like to with The Show.
Only problem is, in games past, I'd play an abbreviated season (60 games or so). Obviously that isn't possible with the Show, so...

What is the most common number of games you guys play during a given season? With each game going roughly an hour to and hour and a half for me, I just don't have enough time to play more than 30 or so. I'd like to really progress in my franchise, not spend 2-3 real world months per game season.

So how many do you guys play? How's it working out?
Kentucky Wildcats
Ohio State Buckeyes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2013, 05:08 AM   #2
Rookie

shadow2201's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: General consensus for how many games to sim in Franchise?

Me, personally, I play as many as I can, usually around 100+ but around here, from what I've noticed on other posts, a lot of guys play starter #1's start, then sim to starter #2's second start, then sim to starter #3's third start, and so on! Some people only play with a starter they like! Just depends on what you have time for! Sim stats are pretty close to good, not perfect but ya know! So if you only have time or only want to play 30 games, find a system that works well for you, use one starter, or use a few different one's, or play important games only, etc.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:10 AM   #3
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

There isn't a perfect system...

But what works for me is, play 1 sim 5. That will result in you playing roughly about 30 games exluding playoffs.

Playoffs I go as follows:

Play every 2nd game

World Series:

Play every game

This system worked well for me in MLB 12...got to the 5th season of my franchise...relatively quickly. That being said, I simulated 2 season after it was evident after a month that my team will not be competing.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:27 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I like to play every game in my franchise, even if it takes me a whole real life year...but sometimes I sim some games using the "Sportscaster" option...that way I put the lineup I want and use the pitchers I want.

I would say I sim about 30 to 35 games...
Old 04-19-2013, 10:50 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

I play with 1 starter, skip the rotation play starter 2, skip the rotation - play starter 3, etc. That way by the time I've played 162 games, I'm in season 4-5. (I play all playoff games with full presentation when I make em).

Playing every game is cool if you don't care about franchise mode, but if I'm going to go through the trouble of getting the OS rosters, I'm trying to get as far into the future as possible so I can see how the players advance, budgets shrink/grow etc. I can usually get to year 9-10 by the time the next game comes out, but I don't restart my franchise with every new roster release.

Off-seasons usually last an entire weekend because I use 30 team control and try my best to bring common sense and parity to the league.

**** is real
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2013, 10:58 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I like to play one game per series and then play a couple of games per series if it comes down to tight standings.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:03 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 2

I play every game, I get pretty OCD if I sim too many games. I personally extend my chise throughout the entire season, I play maybe two games a day, doesn't take too long.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #8
Rookie

ItAllFades's Arena

OVR: 9

I play one game a Series with the Cubs, alternating through the rotation. And during that time, I will play random games with other teams usually starting in the 7th inning. And I will also play Iowa Cubs games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »