Home

2013 OSFM v3: Pitch Edits

This is a discussion on 2013 OSFM v3: Pitch Edits within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #1
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34
2013 OSFM v3: Pitch Edits

Hey all, I'm still planning on releasing a pitch edits version of the OSFM set even though SCEA is associated with MLB now and therefore gameday and all of the sites that pull data from it (Fangraphs, Texas Leaguers, etc.). I'm still in the data collecting phase, but you can track my progress here. Of course there's some secret stuff that you won't find in the spreadsheet, can't give up all of the goods lol

Anyway, on to what will be in the set:

- Accurate repertoires for every MLB player based on the classifications from Brooks Baseball, which are then converted into The Show pitch types by me
- Accurate repertoires for various minor leaguers that have f/x data available
- Equipment/Accessory edits for every MLB player and top prospects (Run if you want to jump in here let me know)
- More top prospect CAPs that I didn't get to in v1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #2
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: 2013 OSFM v3: Pitch Edits

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Hey all, I'm still planning on releasing a pitch edits version of the OSFM set even though SCEA is associated with MLB now and therefore gameday and all of the sites that pull data from it (Fangraphs, Texas Leaguers, etc.). I'm still in the data collecting phase, but you can track my progress here. Of course there's some secret stuff that you won't find in the spreadsheet, can't give up all of the goods lol

Anyway, on to what will be in the set:

- Accurate repertoires for every MLB player based on the classifications from Brooks Baseball, which are then converted into The Show pitch types by me
- Accurate repertoires for various minor leaguers that have f/x data available
- Equipment/Accessory edits for every MLB player and top prospects (Run if you want to jump in here let me know)
- More top prospect CAPs that I didn't get to in v1
Definitely waiting on these until I start my franchise..
Old 04-17-2013, 03:20 PM   #3
Pro

KomicJ's Arena

OVR: 1

...and here I thought I was good to go with v2 !

Not to diminish Knight's and the others' work, but this is a solid complement to an already great OSFM roster, that I might just have to wait for before I start my franchise. Is it too early for an ETA ? No pressure, as this looks like a lot of work, just trying to determine if I should have a bit of franchise fun in the meantime.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:24 PM   #4
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by KomicJ
...and here I thought I was good to go with v2 !

Not to diminish Knight's and the others' work, but this is a solid complement to an already great OSFM roster, that I might just have to wait for before I start my franchise. Is it too early for an ETA ? No pressure, as this looks like a lot of work, just trying to determine if I should have a bit of franchise fun in the meantime.
Shooting for the middle of May, mainly because I like to have ~1 month of new data. Unlike last year I already have a solid foundation, so I expect things to go much more quickly this year.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:49 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 18

Love the pitch edits. It's not really the same game without them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2013, 04:13 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
Love the pitch edits. It's not really the same game without them.
This years game did a much, much better job with pitch repertoires out of the box. There are still quirks like 87-89 mph sliders with huge break, most change-ups should be circle-changes (if not all), but all in all editing pitches is much easier this year. Last year it was a train wreck.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:07 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 18
Thinking about it... Was gonna pm you back and say just do ur edits and if I feel like it I'll add mine lol.

Sent using Tapatalk

STANCE GUIDE
http://bit.ly/HtkpmT
MOTION GUIDE
http://bit.ly/IqkdGh
Old 04-18-2013, 12:22 AM   #8
Rookie

jgarcia's Arena

OVR: 6

Dude you just made my week. Pitch edits with full equipment edits thats a fine combination sir thank you very much. I will definately be waiting for these.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »