Home

turning off pitch meter

This is a discussion on turning off pitch meter within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 19
turning off pitch meter

is there a way to turn off the pitch meter in especially analog pitching, or any other pitching mode
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2013, 11:00 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: turning off pitch meter

The only mode without a meter is classic. Every other mode you need the meter.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #3
MVP

ok. thanks
Old 04-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 24

The only think I can think of is that you can try making the meter as small as possible and tuck it in the corner of your screen somewhere. Maybe you'll be able to ignore it and pitch without it?
Old 04-17-2013, 04:25 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
The only think I can think of is that you can try making the meter as small as possible and tuck it in the corner of your screen somewhere. Maybe you'll be able to ignore it and pitch without it?
didnt know we could edit and move this. thanks. I just adjusted the pitching meter to the smallest size and moved it to the bottom right hand corner. I can barely look at it while pitching.
pitching has now become more challenging now. I just walked 4 batters in 2 innings. then got my location and timing correct. ended the game with 6 walks and 6 strike outs. I had a lot of 3/2 counts and basically had to rely on my fielding skils. I have to focus on the pitchers release sweet spot now to get near my intended location.

I also have the pci off, strike zone off and now the small pitching meter.

again thanks.

Last edited by tril; 04-17-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2013, 04:26 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I'm debating whether to go with classic pitching now since meter pitching even at quite high difficulty levels is proving to be a bit easy. Too many strikes. I'm not going to go down 2-0 on every hitter on purpose. So I've shrunk the pitch meter to a shade smaller than the one on MLB The Show 10. It's a little harder now.

Only problem is you have to save it to a preset custom and you are stuck with one camera on that save. I like to use Broadcast and depending upon the stadium that view would change. This fix screws with that.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:28 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
I'm debating whether to go with classic pitching now since meter pitching even at quite high difficulty levels is proving to be a bit easy. Too many strikes. I'm not going to go down 2-0 on every hitter on purpose. So I've shrunk the pitch meter to a shade smaller than the one on MLB The Show 10. It's a little harder now.

Only problem is you have to save it to a preset custom and you are stuck with one camera on that save. I like to use Broadcast and depending upon the stadium that view would change. This fix screws with that.
Meter was definitely too easy, and Classic was also too easy. One thing I did starting with last year's game was that I transitioned to Pulse Pitching.

Even if you time the pulse correctly, I've noticed it doesn't guarantee that a pitcher will hit that spot and/or doesn't guarantee that the ball doesn't stay in the park. :P

Also, pulse pitching can be quite frustrating at times, but also quite gratifying since you are more prone to walks, hits, and home runs.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:09 AM   #8
MVP

bukktown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
didnt know we could edit and move this. thanks. I just adjusted the pitching meter to the smallest size and moved it to the bottom right hand corner. I can barely look at it while pitching.
pitching has now become more challenging now. I just walked 4 batters in 2 innings. then got my location and timing correct. ended the game with 6 walks and 6 strike outs. I had a lot of 3/2 counts and basically had to rely on my fielding skils. I have to focus on the pitchers release sweet spot now to get near my intended location.

I also have the pci off, strike zone off and now the small pitching meter.

again thanks.
That's what I do. I start off games with a lot of 4 pitch walks haha

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »