Home

Your CREATED money plays?

This is a discussion on Your CREATED money plays? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-17-2013, 05:24 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Your CREATED money plays?

Aright, I wanted to make a topic so anyone with a play THEY CREATED(or based of another play) that works a large portion of the time on numerous down and distance situations could share it.

I call this play money but whatever you want to name it works.
Based out of shotgun 4 wide, couple different variations in formation are fine. I use a play action block if its a rb, if its a te Ill usually block the te or short curl as a final option

Everyone should know that the #1WR is USUALLY far right, Far left is #2, Slot left is #3, Slot right is #4 but if you didnt now you do.

Routes
WR#1 wheel left(inside)
WR#2 Cross
WR#3 Deep/Medium Post
WR#4 Hitch And Go

Wr#1 is going to motion between the LT and the slot receiver(closer to the lt), thus making his wheel an outside instead of inside wheel(method to the madness). I make the post the #1 read, cross the #2, wheel the #3 and the hitch and go the #4 for the qb reads(5 is the te if you put him on a route, maybe a drag...)

This play will work on 1-4th down any distance, but be weary of using it against UBER AGGRESIVE BLITZERS as there isnt much protection if that te/rb is on a route instead of a block or play action. Thats why I used to only make it on Shotgun formations with a rb play action but I stole a 4 wr 1 te play and it works fine with the custom curl it had. I am however the chargers with an amazing line and a very good olc. My hc for the first time in forever is a wr and db coach instead of ol/dl!

As with anything, go to the well too often and the water will run dry so try to keep the usage score on this lower than 3% on any down and distance(short medium and long). Just because its a 3% usage on 1st and long, doesnt mean it is on 1st and short, or 2nd and medium, or 3rd and long.

Also, this play will lose its strength some on 3rd and 4th because the d will call a dime usually or at least a nickle. But 1st and 2nd it is 100% success usually.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Your CREATED money plays?

I played this game on 360 when it first came out, then the 360 died. I had a play created called Thai. It was a shotgun pass play out of a trips formation. I know the second receiver did an outside wheel, but I am totally blanking on the other route combos.

It was defiantly my money play though. I still remember one of the first big games I won when I got this game was because of that play. Took over the Fins and started in the off season. Played New England and tied the game at the end of the 4th with that play. Then won the game when Ted Ginn returned a kickoff for a TD in OT. You would have thought I won the Super Bowl.

I am going to have to play around and see if I cant re-create Thai. Will post if I figure it out. I am going to try out your play too.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #3
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1

My money plays were created using 3 TE sets. I have 3 TEs, FB and HB. I am able to run and pass out of this set. It offers great run blocking and really takes it to the LBers in zone coverage. I am able to eat up the pass coverage and get solid running out of my HBs and FBs. I am also able to run the option out of it if I am an option running team.

I have also created a few 5 WR sets with 4 of the 5 WRs on one side. I have them bunched up and in a two by two set.

WR WR
WR WR

That kind of thing. I also have changed it up to a 4 WR and 1 TE set to add to the passblocking if I needed it.

Thats just a few of them.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:38 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

I used to have quite a few money plays I created out of experimentation but I didn't record what they were and I should have.

It is fun though, just experimenting with different combinations of routes and seeing which ones end up killing defenses.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:22 AM   #5
Rookie

i always have a scrambling qb (josh johnson, cam newton, rg3) so i start with the play called falcons qb sweep. it can be found when you use play creator and create a new running play. to start, take the wr on the right side of the formation and replace him with the best run blocking backup offensive lineman you have and then move him in closer to the tight end. give enough space to fit an additional player between him and the TE because: you are going to send your FB (who you will replace with ANOTHER OL) in motion and line him up just off the line of scrimmage between the TE and the WR/OL. so... now you have your right tackle with your best run blocking TE in tight next to him, your OL/FB (who you motioned) in fairly tight next to the TE, and your OL/WR fairly tight next to him. change the blocking assignments for those three guys to just straight run blocking. also replace your RB with your best run blocking FB and line him up next to your qb about 2 yds to your qb's right, as his blocking assignment is to block outside right. you can try and pull block your RG. sometimes this works well and sometimes its better to just straight run block him, depending on his speed and agility. you can also send your wr on the left side of the formation on a fly pattern if you desire to help distract one of the safetys. i usually run this play on situation where the defense is bunching in close, ie. 3rd and 1 etc. it usually results in an 6-8 yd gain and sometimes the qb takes it to the house.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2013, 07:31 PM   #6
Rookie

My money play is:

4 WR set

WR4---------WR2 WR1 WR3

WR1 - Deep Post
WR2 - Medium In
WR3 - Streak
WR4 - Streak

WR3/4 (good speed required) clear the man coverage and take out the safeties.

WR1 will get the ball on most long opportunities, otherwise WR2 will get it on the check down.

Good for 10-25 yards, very high success rate.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:26 PM   #7
Banned

I'm gonna have to try some of these out. I need a security blanket play that can be used for any playbook lol
Old 11-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #8
Banned

Creating the plays mentioned in this thread:

1. For algoody's play, I'd suggest switching your best receiver with your #3 WR to have him run the post route instead. Then you can put your #2 receiver on the cross route if you want. That wheel route destroys Cover 2 I noticed. But then again, I created and tested the play with New England.

2. That Falcon QB Sweep based play is pretty nice. I didn't do all o-line and FB like you did just because that seems unrealistic (obviously if there's that many OL out there it's a run) so I did one extra OL as a TE then made the 2 receivers on the right my #1 and #2 tight ends. The far left receiver remains my top receiver, running a streak. I kept my HB in too but just motioned him over to where you said to instead of motioning the other guy. I used Young and the Titans to test this.

3. That 4 WR play seems to work pretty well in man when tested but struggled in zone. Not a bad play though. I tested this with the Patriots, mainly Cover 2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »