Home

what happens to the coach you replace?

This is a discussion on what happens to the coach you replace? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-16-2013, 08:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
what happens to the coach you replace?

Hopefully this isnt a question already answered. I hate creating a new thread when there already is one.

What happens to the coach you replace when you create another coach? Does that coach retire? Can they get a job in the off season with another team?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2013, 09:03 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: what happens to the coach you replace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbutler0509
Hopefully this isnt a question already answered. I hate creating a new thread when there already is one.

What happens to the coach you replace when you create another coach? Does that coach retire? Can they get a job in the off season with another team?
He's gone from the NFL, for all intent and purposes. He either retires or does something else.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:45 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

Yeah what mrs said.

Its one of the reasons I dont use some teams. I feel bad when someone who should still be coaching isnt there because I took his job.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:56 PM   #4
Rookie

yeah man, I hear that. When I played this game a long time ago I remember pretty much always being coaches I didnt mind not seeing in my career. Guys like Lane Kiffin, Herm Edwards, and Gruden because they werent in the league anymore.

I just started playing again today, and I couldnt remember if that was how it worked when you created a coach. Wanted to double check before I erased a guy like Romeo or John Fox. I am torn on who to be now though because I want Herm and Chuckie to be in this one. Those guys, especially Gruden, need to be coaching again in real life.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:12 AM   #5
Banned

List of teams no longer having the same coach as when the game came out

49ers Bears Bills Broncos Browns Buccaneers Cardinals Chargers Chiefs Colts Cowboys Dolphins Eagles Jaguars Jets Lions Panthers Raiders Rams Redskins Seahawks Titans Vikings

Coaches still HC in the league but on new teams
Reid(Eagles/Chiefs), Shannahan(Broncos/Redskins), Fox(Panthers/Broncos), Fisher(Titans/Rams).

I would believe the best team to take over if you're not against taking over a coach who's still in the league with a different team, broncos. Takes away the whole brandon marshall always leading the league in receiving yards over 2000... Havent done it myself yet but am mightily tempted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2013, 11:47 AM   #6
Rookie

Actually there are only 4 coaches that are no longer in the NFL. Mangini, Edwards, Gruden, and Kiffin. Every other coach is a coordinator or position coach for another NFL. Since this game uses those coaches too I dont want to take them out. I know, I am crazy.

Having figured all that out, it is looking more and more like I am going to choose the Raiders. 49ers are still in the mix because Nolan has the lowest starting approval of any head coach, and I never really liked him. So I wouldnt necessarily mind if I didnt see the suit anymore.

I made 2 playbooks last night that I am pretty excited to use. On offense I made a spread option playbook (based on the spread option playbook) It has shotgun and singleback/ace sets. Its based around the zone run with 2 TE's. I considered using Shannahan playbook and adding the qb choice plays, but I wanted all the Gator Heavy plays and I was unable to add them all using Shannahan playbook as base. I also thought about using Michigan playbook then decided against it.

On the defensive side of the ball I made a 46/3-3-5 playbook. 3-3-5 Mustang was the base and I added Raiders Rover and 46. Both the 3-3-5 and the 46 need good SS that can help with thee run, rush the passer, and cover. Figure I can use 46 on obvious running downs and 3-3-5 for pass.

Thanks for all the responses.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:56 PM   #7
Banned

Just realize any play you added to your play book when creating it, will not be called by you dc or oc. They will only call plays in the base playbook(the one you started with before adding plays), at least until you call those plays you added yourself in certain situations. Then your dc and oc will copy you and start to call them in those situations, but ONLY AFTER YOU HAVE PICKED THEM YOURSELF IN GAME. Same applies for plays you steal at the end of the game.

And I could see your point there, I just never took it that far. Anyone not a head coach right now is fair game to me. Like norv turner, **** him. Never played as the chargers before, he gets fired, now Im playing with the chargers.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:14 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 10

Lol I always just pretend the coach I replaced ceased to exist. As if they never even had that coach in the first place. Or I conjure up some crazy reason for their firing and expulsion from the league.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »