Home

Steal Throw Down

This is a discussion on Steal Throw Down within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Steal Throw Down

I've been having trouble getting the CPU stealing second. My timing is right, it seems. But the trouble I have is the second baseman covering the bag will catch the ball, lift his glove then swipe. This has happened a number of times where the 2B lifts his glove with the runner clearly close enough to tag, but the runner is safe. Any ideas why and if there is a way to stop?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #2
Banned

Steven78's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Steal Throw Down

I dont know what the deal is this year but the swipe animation is pretty bad. I don't know how many times I had a guy dead to rights and he somehow avoids the tag. So frustrating.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #3
Pro

Troopershorty51's Arena

OVR: 8

I've noticed that, for whatever reason they don't try to tag at first. They life up the glove, then put it back down and go for a tag. I can't really complain though because it happens to the CPU too so I get some steals I probably shouldn't.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:03 PM   #4
Rookie

shadow2201's Arena

OVR: 9

I've had this happen so many times it's just frustrating! Heck I have guys with 40-50-60 speed stealing with ease on me this year! Adam Dunn stole 2 bases on me in one game because of this, and I'm not even sure he has ever had to run the base path's normally (guy only hit's HR's or K's anyway)! This is a little out of control!
Old 04-15-2013, 04:11 AM   #5
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

Only time I've seen the animation you're talking about its when the throw from the catcher is just a little short and actually hits the ground just before the fielder catches it which forces the fielder to lift his glove like you all are describing making him late in the tag.

However when the throw makes it without bouncing they always make the tag. Which its probably about 70% of the time.

Are you sure your throws aren't hitting the ground just before its caught.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Link to my YouTube.
Denny 3K Gaming

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2013, 04:13 AM   #6
Rookie

shadow2201's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighCmpPct
Only time I've seen the animation you're talking about its when the throw from the catcher is just a little short and actually hits the ground just before the fielder catches it which forces the fielder to lift his glove like you all are describing making him late in the tag.

However when the throw makes it without bouncing they always make the tag. Which its probably about 70% of the time.

Are you sure your throws aren't hitting the ground just before its caught.
100% sure here! I know for a fact that most of my throws aren't hitting the ground forcing the 2b/ss to lift the glove before he makes the tag, a lot of my throws are spot on, and he still does the animation! I've thrown one person out in the pry 20 SB opp's and at least 15 of the throws from the catcher are spot on, no touching the ground or even close to the ground, and the 2b/ss still does the animation where he lifts the glove then goes for the tag! If I remember I'll get video of the throws and what is going on!

Last edited by shadow2201; 04-15-2013 at 04:19 AM.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:20 AM   #7
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

Strange, I've never seen that before. Don't really know what to say, I assume you play with the Braves, and I have a franchise going with them and even though I put McCann on the DL Gattis is still throwing out about 65%, and in my Yankees chise Cervelli has thrown out about 70%. And neither of then have a great arm.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Link to my YouTube.
Denny 3K Gaming

Old 04-15-2013, 04:22 AM   #8
Rookie

shadow2201's Arena

Yes, I play as the Braves, and have a Mets franchise, I know I know, how could you play with a rival like that? lol, but yeah I will get video next time I play and have this situation if I can!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »