Home

Getting hard to even play a game

This is a discussion on Getting hard to even play a game within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-14-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Getting hard to even play a game

I know nomo has done testing and questioned a comeback code. Or questioned someone questioning a comeback code.

But when my pitcher has been dominating all game. And suddenly the CPU just figures everything out is a little suspicious. It happens in every game. I just had a 3 run lead in the 6th. Pitcher sure as hell wasnt tired after throwing only 37 pitches through 5. Yet everything i threw was getting hit. Not hard. But always just out of reach of a fielder. Its kinda BS. I didnt change what i was doing. Wasnt throwing the same pitches over and over in the same spot.

I wouldnt mind so much if it was just the pitching. But when they start hitting. Then all of a sudden i cant. I had a triple a 3 doubles off the starter in the 5th. Yet back out comes the same pitcher in the 6th and 7th. Not one hit or walk. Painting the coroners perfectly. Pitch right down the middle with perfect timing and solid contact. Grounder to 3rd. Maybe its just me. But im calling shenanigans on the no comeback code.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #2
Banned

mattndaville's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Getting hard to even play a game

As for pitching, are you following a pattern? Say, you are getting guys out with breaking stuff away after throwing fastballs in? Are you using the same pitches to get outs? If you get a guy out away with a fastball, do you continue to use that pitch because it worked before?

The reason I ask is that pitchers, in real life, get sucked into a pattern where they throw the same pitches at the same time to the same hitters.

Its important that you view the Pitcher/Batter Analysis with every batter the second time through the order and from there on to prevent you from falling into a "pattern".

Even then its not a guarantee that you will be successful, but you have a better chance at success mixing things up than you do staying with a "tried and true" method.

I hope this helps some.

Good luck!
Old 04-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #3
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I had played well over 325 games with The Show 12 (and will play more I am sure).

I am sure I will end up playing well over 500 games with The Show 13 before it is all said and done.

Trust me......this has been discussed ad nausea......there is no comeback code.

This game has the best sports AI (other than NBA 2K11) I have ever played with. Truly remarkable.

Managing your pitching staff during the season and more importantly during game situations is something that you must learn and master to not get frustrated.

But again.....there is no so called comeback code. If your that frustrated...play a different game. It is supposed to be fun. And simulation video game baseball for me with The Show 11/12/13 has been pure utopia, and gets better with each iteration.
NHL25 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 04-14-2013, 11:44 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yeah I don't care what anybody says about the combeack code (whether it exists or not) but every now and then I do start getting unmistakably rocked. $#!t happens in real life too though, so I can't complain.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:58 AM   #5
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

I was a little mad after this last game. I dont think it does exist. But that shouldnt be happening. Its like my pitcher fall apart. I need to blame something. And this is better than me complaining about Francoeurs fielding mistakes. Who lets a ball get under their glove twice in an inning?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #6
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

To be honest I used to think the same when I first started playing this series. I was kind of new to baseball so I came on here and asked " how to get through the 7th 8th and 9th"

I'm sure the thread still pops up now and again and basically all of the help I got about pitching strategys etc helped me so much.

I now manage to get through those late innings successfully ( although not always which is how it should be)

Simple answer: pitch smart
Old 04-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #7
Legend

KHarmo88's Arena

OVR: 55

I've had games go in my favor and the computers favor all on different occasions. I've never run into this problem but even if so, a comeback is always possible in any game. It's a sport of chance and error.

All pitchers and hitters have different tendencies. Just have to adapt to them and utilize them efficiently and effectively. May take time but you'll come around
Old 04-14-2013, 01:06 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
I know nomo has done testing and questioned a comeback code. Or questioned someone questioning a comeback code.

But when my pitcher has been dominating all game. And suddenly the CPU just figures everything out is a little suspicious. It happens in every game. I just had a 3 run lead in the 6th. Pitcher sure as hell wasnt tired after throwing only 37 pitches through 5. Yet everything i threw was getting hit. Not hard. But always just out of reach of a fielder. Its kinda BS. I didnt change what i was doing. Wasnt throwing the same pitches over and over in the same spot.

I wouldnt mind so much if it was just the pitching. But when they start hitting. Then all of a sudden i cant. I had a triple a 3 doubles off the starter in the 5th. Yet back out comes the same pitcher in the 6th and 7th. Not one hit or walk. Painting the coroners perfectly. Pitch right down the middle with perfect timing and solid contact. Grounder to 3rd. Maybe its just me. But im calling shenanigans on the no comeback code.
Not trying to sound rude but do you ever throw a ball? 35 pitches through five innings is very very low. I have played probably 200 games on 12 and at least 50 on 13 yet and I have yet to feel a comeback code. If I start getting hit I will have a mound visit. I am also not afraid to walk someone. Try mixing up your pitches, pitch around the lefty right matchup or right lefty matchups if you have too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »