Home

Surprise onside kick

This is a discussion on Surprise onside kick within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-14-2013, 08:08 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Surprise onside kick

How do you do it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
i'm not sure what to think about the fact that there are 2 wolfman threads...but i think i like it. i've always said this forum needs more wolf talk.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2013, 11:20 AM   #2
Rookie

rbowlden's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Surprise onside kick

I don't think you can cheesehead
M13 Season 3- 10-6 (missed playoffs)
M13 Season 4- 14-2 (0-1, lost in Div. Round)
M13 Season 5- 11-5 (0-1, lost in WC Round)
Old 04-20-2013, 11:32 AM   #3
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Surprise onside kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegout
How do you do it?

Start the kick meter then, very very quickly on the DPad:

Up, Up, Down, Down, Right, Left, Right, Left, X, B, X, B Y, A, squeeze both triggers and the animation will start on it's own. I beat a guy online 106-0 doing this, lol. He was pissed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 04-21-2013, 07:14 PM   #4
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegout
How do you do it?
This feature was removed in M13. It made its glorious debut in M12 and then it was retired along with several other innovative features over the years that make it in only to be removed.

I actually would love to see the surprise onside kick return as part of a new feature - auto kick. Similar to auto-passing, I think this would be a great tool for us "sim" style players and could alleviate a big gripe of mine with online head to head games within CCM. That gripe would be the horrible timing of the lag, which seems to bite me in the backside over and over again in the kicking/punting game.

Think of it from a multi-player online CCM view. As it is right now, nearly everyone looks for the cheapest kicker with high KPW, as kicking is too easy, my lag issues not withstanding. If you had auto-kick as a feature (on/of league setting) then you may force people to spend more on special teams and actually have people looking at the kick accuracy ratings for the first time since, well did it ever matter in Madden ever?
Old 04-23-2013, 05:28 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
This feature was removed in M13. It made its glorious debut in M12 and then it was retired along with several other innovative features over the years that make it in only to be removed.

I actually would love to see the surprise onside kick return as part of a new feature - auto kick. Similar to auto-passing, I think this would be a great tool for us "sim" style players and could alleviate a big gripe of mine with online head to head games within CCM. That gripe would be the horrible timing of the lag, which seems to bite me in the backside over and over again in the kicking/punting game.

Think of it from a multi-player online CCM view. As it is right now, nearly everyone looks for the cheapest kicker with high KPW, as kicking is too easy, my lag issues not withstanding. If you had auto-kick as a feature (on/of league setting) then you may force people to spend more on special teams and actually have people looking at the kick accuracy ratings for the first time since, well did it ever matter in Madden ever?
Auto kick would be great. I dont even kick FG's anymore, I go straight to supersim in my solo CCM's when I get stopped on third down inside my kicker's range.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2013, 07:08 PM   #6
Pro

It was overpowered, untested and worked better than an actual onside kick....then flat out removed a year later instead of tuned.

Surprising, I know.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:21 PM   #7
Pro

Trick13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
It was overpowered, untested and worked better than an actual onside kick....then flat out removed a year later instead of tuned.

Surprising, I know.
That and there was no situational restriction to its usage. It is a play in the NFL, so I think it should be brought back, but "tuned" if you will and, more importantly, restricted in some way - tie ball game, you must be losing, something -although the Eagles did this like 4 times to the Cowboys over the years (on the opening KO each time) and finally stopped when a scrub WR for Dallas scored the "fastest TD in NFL history" by being ready for it and returning it for a TD...
Old 04-24-2013, 07:04 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
That and there was no situational restriction to its usage. It is a play in the NFL, so I think it should be brought back, but "tuned" if you will and, more importantly, restricted in some way - tie ball game, you must be losing, something -although the Eagles did this like 4 times to the Cowboys over the years (on the opening KO each time) and finally stopped when a scrub WR for Dallas scored the "fastest TD in NFL history" by being ready for it and returning it for a TD...
Patrick Crayton?

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »