Home

Madden 13 CC critique

This is a discussion on Madden 13 CC critique within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-13-2013, 02:46 AM   #1
Rookie

mrclutchimself's Arena

OVR: 1
Madden 13 CC critique

With Maddens Connected Career Mode in its first year, we got a good idea of what direction the Madden series is gonna go as far as career type of modes. With the NFL season well over, us gamers have had more than enough time to evaluate what we like about this mode, what we dont like, and what we miss about previous modes compared to this one. People from the Madden development team stated last year that they would try to build on CCM and try to make it a part of the game for an extended period of time. With the first Madden 25 news and photos dropping recently I figured it'd be necessary to get in the Madden 25 spirit and discuss
1.) What you want to keep from M13's CCM,
2.) What you wanna see back from previous maddens put into M25's CCM,
3.) What you want to see added into M25's CCM,
And 4.) What you want to be taken out/changed based on M13's CCM.

1.) M13's CCM was in my opinion a success. A lot of problems arose when it first came out. But after Updates allowed 2+ Players in an Offline CCM on a team, Custom Offline Rosters, Fantasy Draft, and player editing the bitter fans seemed to quiet down. From this years CC I'd love to see the return of Draft stories, A progress xp style based on how well an individual performs, Twitter reactions, Full Scheme control, Coach XP as well as Coach packages, A legacy meter for whoever you are, In depth prospect scouting, and of course yearly awards.

2.) To make both sides of the Madden community happy (Old Franchise vs New CCM) I think it would be best if along with the coach, and player options when making a CC.... An owner option was added as well. Even if just offline it would win back more old school fans. Give the Offline CCM owner option the same as much say as the players and coaches. Let them set prices just like before, and change the stadium name. Basically everything from before but polished to fit M25's standards. Another thing is an Offline option to control 32 teams, even if you make it 16 and work up to 32. Simply set it so that upon entering your CCM it asks what team you log on as. If you control 20 teams you pick one of your 20 and it logs you in as whatever team you choose. Allow multiple users to choose whichever side and there you go. The return of offline leagues you and your buddies can rule.

3.) Id like to see either the return of the NCAA draft import or something better. Making custom draft classes for Online and Offline CCM. If the commish could go in and edit names, face, numbers, and skills for the upcoming draft before every year, it would blow us away. We're talking about Online leagues with real prospects. Heck you can even make an all legends draft the possibilities are endless.

Allow 2-4 people per team on Online and Offline CCM playing as a Player.
Using a player on this years CCM isn't as fun. Why control 1 player when you can control the whole team and progress the player the exact same way. Imagine you and 64-128 users in one league. Even if they made it 2 people to a team (1 offense 1 defense) it would make CCM as a player more fun. And if you could have up to 4 players per team, you and 3 other users would have a ball trying to build a dynasty. As far as play calling and resigning have team ranks. 1-4, and #1 being the one with the most power. Hell you could even cross paths and have 1 coach, 2 players, 1 owner, 1 team. Coach controls depth chart, playcalling, and whoever is on the field that isn't a player. While the owner controls Free Agents, Resignings, Drafts, Ticket prices, Stadium Maintenance Ect. The players control thereselves of course. This would create the opportunity for users to not just focus on the vs aspect of the game but the most valuable part of an NFL team. Teamwork. And boy would it be fun to have something like this in M25

Addition of a highlight reel. Option to save full length game changing plays at the end of games, and add them to some sort of weekly top plays that shows all user uploaded replays.

4.) Mostly everything I can think of that could be taken out can be fixed by change. Simply add more depth on the Legacy leader board. Not just awards SB and Conf Championship wins. Im talking rank by yards, win pct, make it more in depth. Lastly make it so that you can change players schemes ( like from speed RB to One Cut RB) by spending coach XP. Adjust the Ratings and there ya go.

To keep it simple, since Madden seems confident on building CCM.

What should it keep, What should it bring back from past years, and What should it add?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #2
MVP

Shibito's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 13 CC critique

Love all of these ideas!!! I'd also like the ability to edit player ratings inside of CCM, I know it kind of defeats the experience point system, but if my 68 overall QB throws for 4,500 yards, 30 TD's, and 5 picks, along with taking us to the super bowl, shouldn't he really be closer to 85-90 range? If we even get 2 of your suggested ideas, I'll be thrilled. Especially the creating draft classes one!
Old 04-13-2013, 12:11 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibito
Love all of these ideas!!! I'd also like the ability to edit player ratings inside of CCM, I know it kind of defeats the experience point system, but if my 68 overall QB throws for 4,500 yards, 30 TD's, and 5 picks, along with taking us to the super bowl, shouldn't he really be closer to 85-90 range? If we even get 2 of your suggested ideas, I'll be thrilled. Especially the creating draft classes one!
If you are getting 4500 yards, 30 TD's, 5 picks with a 68 rated QB, then the game is severely broken. Why even have ratings.

Things I'd like to see in M25/14.

The OP's suggestion of bringing back an Owner Mode into CC with all the previously removed features added back in.

On option to have a very realistic, potential based progression system that models how progression actually occurs in the real world. Not mimic every players real world progression, but have a progression system that uses a real world model, using real world variable.

Make the game customizable and completely editable.

I like a lot of the OP's post except for the progression stuff.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #4
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

What I'd keep: draft class storylines, rookie draft classes, XP progression (player and coach), schemes

What I'd return (as implemented in other games): 32 team user control option in offline CCM, fantasy draft option for online CCM, transaction log

What I'd add: full coaching staffs (in a manner that compliments the current implementation of head coaches), player contract restructuring gameplay mechanic, variation in the handmade rookie draft classes to minimize use of spoiler guides in online CCMs (randomize player names, randomize colleges, allow for height fluctuations of 1 inch in either direction, allow for weight fluctuations of 5 pounds in either direction), more commissioner options in online CCMs (reset game, boot user without banning him, undo trades, lock in-season free agency signings, etc.), dynamic draft boards (make projected round of a drafted player dependent on the number of scouting points spent on that player league-wide)

What I'd change / remove: I'd overhaul the user interface for many parts of the mode - particularly player progression, roster, depth chart, and offseason free agent bidding period - to be more streamline and to deliver more information more quickly

That's a ton of stuff, but to be clear I've had a blast with CCM this year. It's a good base to build upon for the future, IMO.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:38 PM   #5
MVP

Shibito's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
If you are getting 4500 yards, 30 TD's, 5 picks with a 68 rated QB, then the game is severely broken. Why even have ratings.

Things I'd like to see in M25/14.

The OP's suggestion of bringing back an Owner Mode into CC with all the previously removed features added back in.

On option to have a very realistic, potential based progression system that models how progression actually occurs in the real world. Not mimic every players real world progression, but have a progression system that uses a real world model, using real world variable.

Make the game customizable and completely editable.

I like a lot of the OP's post except for the progression stuff.
I was just trying to make a point with that example. No one expected Keapernick to do as good as he did, and he was rated as such before the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #6
Rookie

Won't buy madden again until there's a transaction screen
Old 04-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #7
Pro

OG_McNabb's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfriendlyBG
That's a must have. I don't have a long list.

Return: 1. Transaction Screen
2. In game saves
3. Better interface. I really dislike the current gen's interface. Bring back something simple to move around in like previous gen or 2K basketball.
4. Option to play or view any game.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:13 PM   #8
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfriendlyBG
Baffling how something like that was over looked imo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »