Home

RTTS: Can I avoid a trade/demand a trade?

This is a discussion on RTTS: Can I avoid a trade/demand a trade? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-11-2013, 06:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
RTTS: Can I avoid a trade/demand a trade?

I am in triple A, right on the cusp of being called up by the Dodgers (likely will be during the end of this advancement period). I got traded to the Braves but their roster is pretty depleted having traded both Heyward to the Rangers and BJ Upton to the Dodgers (for me). I have the save file from immediately before the trade...will it ever not trade me to the Braves? If I'm stuck with the braves can i demand a trade any way?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2013, 07:32 AM   #2
Just started!

Re: RTTS: Can I avoid a trade/demand a trade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw1675
I am in triple A, right on the cusp of being called up by the Dodgers (likely will be during the end of this advancement period). I got traded to the Braves but their roster is pretty depleted having traded both Heyward to the Rangers and BJ Upton to the Dodgers (for me). I have the save file from immediately before the trade...will it ever not trade me to the Braves? If I'm stuck with the braves can i demand a trade any way?
Go under options where it says injuries put it to manual. Then goto the Disabled list and hit R1. Scroll down to your guy and give him a 5 day stomach ache. You'll still play but wont be traded. Have done this twice on my future Yankee SS.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:05 PM   #3
Rookie

The Commish's Arena

Like to jump in here.

Is there a way to request a trade? I have been looking in the interactions and I can only request a contract.

I am blowing up AAA as a 3b and I'm sitting behind Cabrarra. I"d like to go somewhere else so that I can have a shot. I'm a 80 3rd basemen.

Honestly I feel that you should be able to request anything you want, why do they only give you certain options?
Old 05-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #4
MVP

G3no_11's Arena

OVR: 9

Yeah you can. The option will show up eventually.. good luck getting it to work though. I asked for trades numerous times last year and it never worked.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #5
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeejames062
Go under options where it says injuries put it to manual. Then goto the Disabled list and hit R1. Scroll down to your guy and give him a 5 day stomach ache. You'll still play but wont be traded. Have done this twice on my future Yankee SS.

Or just give an injury to the guy they tried to trade you for, which I had to do. Didn't want to go to the Rays lol

As far as demanding a trade, you just have to wait until it shows up in the interactions menu. I have no idea why they don't just leave it in there all the time.

I tried it with one of my guys twice and both times the GM told me that I'm too valuable to the team and a big part of their future and they wouldn't trade me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2013, 04:44 PM   #6
Rookie

The Commish's Arena

I know in years past I've seen the option for requesting a trade, but I have yet to see it this year. Does anyone know how make that option available?
Old 05-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #7
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commish
I know in years past I've seen the option for requesting a trade, but I have yet to see it this year. Does anyone know how make that option available?

I believe it's just random.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #8
Rookie

shadow2201's Arena

OVR: 9

It's random, but you probably won't get it to work! I'm in my 4th year of my CF RTTS, and I've asked for a trade everytime it has come up under interactions, about once every two-three weeks, and they still haven't traded me! Pretty convinced that you can't get traded unless they want to, and if you keep asking, it makes them not want to even more!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »