Home

Why can't they score? (Be a GM sim)

This is a discussion on Why can't they score? (Be a GM sim) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #1
Rookie

Mutilated's Arena

OVR: 0
Angry Why can't they score? (Be a GM sim)

Hey!

I have simulated a couple of seasons with different teams just to check something out, and it was the same every year, with every team.

The points the players get each season are extremely low! Very unrealistic!

Latest simulation i did the only players that got more than a point per game were the Sedins. Crosby, Stamkos, Tavares, Toews, Kane, Thornton etc all got around 50-65 points in 82 games. Stamkos only had 20 goals.

And as you all know, when a player doesnt do well in the game, then his ratings drop (have no idea why EA made it this way. Also very unrealistic).
This means that even though players have amazing potential they dont get any better if the have a bad season. I have seen Seguin down as low as 82 because of this stupid thing.

Anyway to fix so the players get more points? Lower the ratings on every goalie to 65-70? I want to see 90-100 points for Stamkos/Crosby etc after a season, not 60.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Why can't they score? (Be a GM sim)

I think it's just random. I've had top lines where each player is 88+ and the most points scored is <75. I've done everything with strategies from completely offensive to defensive and it doesn't seem to change a thing.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #3
Rookie

Mutilated's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevematic
I think it's just random. I've had top lines where each player is 88+ and the most points scored is <75. I've done everything with strategies from completely offensive to defensive and it doesn't seem to change a thing.
There's gotta be something i can do about it.

Simulated several years and no differance in points. Players just got worse and worse for each year. Players with 4 and ½ gold stars like Landeskog, Hall and Seguin dropped 1 rating each year because of the stats. Really frustrating.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:37 AM   #4
Pro

DaRK's Arena

What line are you playing them on? And who are the teammates?
Old 04-09-2013, 10:37 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated
There's gotta be something i can do about it.

Simulated several years and no differance in points. Players just got worse and worse for each year. Players with 4 and ½ gold stars like Landeskog, Hall and Seguin dropped 1 rating each year because of the stats. Really frustrating.
You'd be doing me a favour if you can figure it out because it's made me not want to play the game anymore. It makes no sense that I've got a an elite playmaker paired with an elite sniper and neither of them can averaged a point per game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2013, 10:52 AM   #6
Rookie

Mutilated's Arena

DaRK: It's for every team. Not only the one i'm controlling. No player for any team get more than 65 points, except for the Sedins as i mentioned.

For instance:

Neal (87), Crosby (95), Iginla (87)
Ryan (87), Getzlaf (89), Perry (88)
Sharp (87), Toews (90), Kane (88)

You get the idea. In real life all those lines would be amazing, but in the game they suck. Average 50-65 points per season.

stevematic: Yeah i completely understand you man. It's not fun at all when it's this unrealistic.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:54 AM   #7
Rookie

CaptainSuperman's Arena

I dunno what to tell ya. I'm halfway through my season and Backstrom is leading the league with around 60 points already, and D. Sedin just a few points behind
Old 04-09-2013, 12:42 PM   #8
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated
Hey!

I have simulated a couple of seasons with different teams just to check something out, and it was the same every year, with every team.

The points the players get each season are extremely low! Very unrealistic!

Latest simulation i did the only players that got more than a point per game were the Sedins. Crosby, Stamkos, Tavares, Toews, Kane, Thornton etc all got around 50-65 points in 82 games. Stamkos only had 20 goals.

And as you all know, when a player doesnt do well in the game, then his ratings drop (have no idea why EA made it this way. Also very unrealistic).
This means that even though players have amazing potential they dont get any better if the have a bad season. I have seen Seguin down as low as 82 because of this stupid thing.

Anyway to fix so the players get more points? Lower the ratings on every goalie to 65-70? I want to see 90-100 points for Stamkos/Crosby etc after a season, not 60.
I actually think this is very realistic. A player's ratings should drop if he is playing like crap. The ratings are supposed to tell you how good a player is. I'd much rather have this year's Ovechkin than the past few years' Ovechkin.

And potential is exactly that, potential. He could be good, or he could flop. Potential is just a guess. Just look at Daigle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »