Home

MLB 14 Wishlist: Franchise/Season Mode

This is a discussion on MLB 14 Wishlist: Franchise/Season Mode within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 08:10 PM   #1
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
MLB 14 Wishlist: Franchise/Season Mode

I'm doing things a little differently this year. Instead of the pros vs. cons method we have used in the past this year it's much simpler.

For every area or game mode we are simply going to ask if you could pick two features, additions, or tweaks what would they be. The kicker is you can only choose two not three and a half not four. If you put more than two in your post would a mod please delete that post altogether.

The thinking behind this is quite simple, only letting you choose two things pretty much means your going to think long and hard about your choices.

For this thread we are just talking about Franchise/Season mode. Just the mode itself not gameplay or the gameplay in the mode. Just the non-gameplay aspects of franchise mode i.e. spring training, scouting, player progression/regression, managerial aspects, off season, newspaper/tv show, etc........

So have at it and time is of the essence so each thread will only stay open for a weeks tops if that long. Just copy, paste, and follow the template below.
Quote:
MLB 14 Wishlist: Franchise/Season mode if you could have any feature, addition, tweak what would it be? Remember you can only choose two.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 14 Wishlist: Franchise/Season Mode

MLB 14 Wishlist: Franchise/Season mode if you could have any feature, addition, tweak what would it be? Remember you can only choose two.

1. I am probably speaking for a lot of people when I mention the over-acceleration of the regression of players past the age of 35.

2. I came here to mostly mention #1, but I think adding some sort of newspaper/TV show would be a nice addition. It doesn't even have to be daily, it could be somewhat of a weekly wrap-up.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #3
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

1.Statistics/Team tracked year year to year on player card and Almanac. Everything that would be on the back of a baseball card including tracking awards.

2. Progressive/Dynamic injuries. Arm trouble may result in loss of velocity, leg injury loss of speed. Can play through injuries with huge hits to performance and cause a larger more long term injury. Tie this into progression/regression engine.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:21 PM   #4
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

MLB 14 Wishlist: Franchise/Season modeifyou could have any feature, addition, tweak what would it be? Remember you can only choose two.

1. Well since you mentioned it, any type of"TV show" that recapped the week, month what have you would be amazing. Just that extra little bit to kinda praise what you have accomplished you know.

2. Another thing I would like enhanced is negotiations with players you're resigning or FA. Something along the lines of conversing with them or their agent. You know something like my client/I want so many years or so much per year, or like in-season negotiations like I want to try to get an extension done or unless I get this I'm testing FA. Just gets a little old offering a contract and just waiting, then offering another contract and waiting. Would be nice for the player or team to sometimeslay down a "final"offer and having that have some kind of effect.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Link to my YouTube.
Denny 3K Gaming

Old 04-05-2013, 08:25 PM   #5
Banned

dingleberryfinn's Arena

OVR: 7

1. Ability to recreate past seasons where there were only 16 teams,
or 26, or really, whatever random number of teams you want in MLB.
I don't want to replay 1981 & have the Rockies skewering my stats.

2. Ability to change coaches & managers names.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2013, 08:30 PM   #6
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14

1. Website/TV show/Newspaper. Whatever it be that allows the user to keep up with results and transactions around the league.

2. Three team trades
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter
Old 04-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 4

1. Incentive based contracts

2. Free agent/trade feedback - give and take on trades/ free agent desires beyond money/years, etc
Old 04-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #8
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

1. Expanded stat tracking. Both on the player cards, and the ingame OSD's + commentary. Career stats year to year expanded to track the same stats of the current year not just AVG/HR/Runs. The ability to see the game to game stats of each player in the player card, and pull up the box score of any game from that screen. I would like to have an option to hide the attributes from every screen in franchise/ingame and just make my decision based on the players statistics like in real life. I do not want to know that my guy has 60 power vs leftys, I want to choose to start him vs leftys because he has 5 HRs vs them in 30 ABs for example.

2. Improved AI logic in making lineups. I think what is needed is player traits for franchise specifically. I don't ever wanna see Jeter traded. He should have a 'loyalty' trait. Its safe to assume the yankees would never demote him to AAA or trade him even if his ratings crashed. The CPU should look deeper at the players attributes when deciding how to build a lineup/promiting/demoting players. Overall should not be the most important factor. Perhaps instead of relying just on attributes to build a lineup, the CPU should look at the players statistics as I mentioned in suggestion #1. If a guy has 10 Hrs in the last month maybe they should move him out of the 1-2 hole and put him back farther for example. I dont know the specifics just an idea to get away from the artifical attribute ratings. Also the option to have 4 man or 6 man rotations and be able to adjust it on the rotation screen.

Last edited by BrianU; 04-05-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »