Home

How to have fun with Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on How to have fun with Franchise Mode within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-05-2013, 02:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 11
How to have fun with Franchise Mode

MLB is very different to most sports. Unlike the NBA or NFL or even the NHL one player doesn't make a total difference. I'm trying to figure out rather I should draft a team, rebuild, or start out from the top. I tried a game as the Blue Jays the only thing I couldn't stand was RA Dicky. I've also tried as a couple others even in just exhibition games. So fellow The Show players how can I make my Franchise mode fun and I'm still clueless on who to be as I do plan on doing the whole yes I said it the whole 162 game first year. Let me know what you guys think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2013, 03:38 PM   #2
Rookie

shadow2201's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: How to have fun with Franchise Mode

My personal preference is to re-build! I always play a franchise with my favorite team(the Braves) and then I start a franchise with a struggling team, old team, or just an all out bad team and try and rebuild! I'm not a fan of fantasy drafts but I know a lot of people here love to do them and have a great time building their own team from scratch! There are a lot of ways to have fun in franchise you just have to be committed to the long haul!
Old 04-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #3
Banned

dingleberryfinn's Arena

OVR: 7

Tear down the Yankees & make 'em play MoneyBall,
you are now the lesser known 3rd Steinbrenner son, Harvey!
lmao
Old 04-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

i always try to rebuild.

this past week i tried to do oakland, and couldn't afford reddick. which was frustrating.

even with 'good' teams it always (to me) feels like i struggle to make the playoffs with my lineups that i choose, so every team is a rebuild

i also play on storylines. right now i'm doing a red sox one, trying to bring them back to relevance.

you can make any franchise mode fun with a dynasty manager type page. it adds a different element to the game for sure.
http://www.truefannetwork.com/goreds/ <-- he's one of my faves to follow.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:07 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 4

I find the only way to realistically have fun in franchise is to play only games in September and beyond. The dog days are for the birds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2013, 10:20 PM   #6
Banned

nowitsourtime's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportzfan0290
MLB is very different to most sports. Unlike the NBA or NFL or even the NHL one player doesn't make a total difference. I'm trying to figure out rather I should draft a team, rebuild, or start out from the top. I tried a game as the Blue Jays the only thing I couldn't stand was RA Dicky. I've also tried as a couple others even in just exhibition games. So fellow The Show players how can I make my Franchise mode fun and I'm still clueless on who to be as I do plan on doing the whole yes I said it the whole 162 game first year. Let me know what you guys think.
If you really only plan on playing the first full year, I would say to pick a team that isn't a powerhouse but isn't a perennial loser. Make it a little difficult to make the playoffs but not too difficult to where you're out of contention.

Try the Pirates, Diamondbacks or Royals. Nice stadiums, good looking uni's and they have talent (but not too much to where you're winning every game).
Old 04-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #7
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsourtime
If you really only plan on playing the first full year, I would say to pick a team that isn't a powerhouse but isn't a perennial loser. Make it a little difficult to make the playoffs but not too difficult to where you're out of contention.

Try the Pirates, Diamondbacks or Royals. Nice stadiums, good looking uni's and they have talent (but not too much to where you're winning every game).
That is exactly my approach as well.
I'm doing Royals franchise but I would add the Indians, Brewers, Oakland and Rays to that list.

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 04-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #8
Pro

yankees028's Arena

OVR: 0

I have done the same thing since mvp baseball lol pick two of worst teams play 5-6 exhibition games with each one. try out some of there minors aswell.

I then trade away there player that makes the most for a prospect and a mlb rdy fill in. I normally make two trades to give my rebuild my personal touch. this year it was mark buehrle and bham for the astros. I build up minors might trade some guys away at deadline. it's cool this way tend to follow that team in real life more

Former COD Pro / Streamer: xSiQx / CSn1pe

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »