Home

Potsie's NHL 13 Sliders (Game Changer)

This is a discussion on Potsie's NHL 13 Sliders (Game Changer) within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-04-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
Rookie

mpu86e's Arena

OVR: 2
Potsie's NHL 13 Sliders (Game Changer)

Updated 6/17/13

Skill Level: All Star
Game: Current
Period Length: 8 Minutes
Offsides: Delayed
Icing: On
Injuries: your choice... injuries 4 for both on sliders
Penalties: Max
Post Whistle Rules: Authentic
Penalty Time Scaling: 4
Fighting: max

Tuner: V1.04
CPU Aid: Casual
Broken Stick Frequency: 2
Game Speed: 2
Attribute Effects: 3
Fatigue Effect: Human 2
Fatigue Effect: CPU 1
Fatigue Recovery: Human 2
Fatigue Recovery: CPU 2
Puck Control: Human 2
Puck Control: CPU 2
Player Acceleration: Human 3
Player Acceleration: CPU 3

Created Plays: User Preference
AI Learning: 0
CPU Difficulty Adjustment: 6 max
CPU Strategy Adjustment: 6 max
Human Strategy Adjustment: 0 change it yourself
CPU Faceoff Difficulty: 4
Fight Difficulty: User Preference
CPU Penalties: 6 MAX
CPU Teammate Penalties: 4

Pass Assist: 3
Manual Passing: On ( Manual allows for board passing and control over pass speed)(better feel)
Pass Speed: 5
Saucer Pass Speed: 4
Pass Accuracy: Human 6 max
Pass Accuracy: CPU 6 max
Pass Reception Ease: Human 2
Pass Reception Ease: CPU 2
Pass Interceptions: Human 3
Pass Interceptions: CPU 3
Shot Accuracy: Human 1
Shot Accuracy: CPU 1
Shot Power: Human 3
Shot Power: CPU 3
Slap Shot Accuracy: Human 1
Slap Shot Accuracy: CPU 1
Slap Shot Power: Human 5
Slap Shot Power: CPU 4
One Timer Accuracy: Human 2
One Timer Accuracy: CPU 1

Hitting Assistance: 2
Agression: 6
Agression: 6
Hitting Power: Human 2
Hitting Power: CPU 2
Stick Lift: Human 4
Stick Lift: CPU 3
Poke Check: Human 2
Poke Check: CPU 3

Goalie Passing: 2
Goalie Cover Puck Frequency: 6 max
Goalie Screen Effect: Human 4
Goalie Screen Effect: CPU 4
Goalie Reaction Speed: Human 2
Goalie Reaction Speed: CPU 2

note: casual aid is key here as it levels acceleration between cpu and human as the cpu no longer gets a tilted advantage in acceleration... shot accuracy can be no higher then 1 otherwise you will score too many goals... these sliders work together so try them all together before making tweaks... enjoy

Last edited by mpu86e; 06-17-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2013, 01:41 PM   #2
Rookie

mpu86e's Arena

Re: Potsie's NHL 13 Sliders (Game Changer)

A couple of notes. Playing season mode and playoff mode gives you the option to load custom AI for each team. I've gone through each team and have customized every teams AI including lines 1-4 and pairing 1-3 and it's made a drastic improvement in gameplay. While The CPU strategy Adjustment sliders change the teams main strategy throughout the game it doesn't touch the line strategies which is the important thing. No longer does every team do the same thing on a continuous basis. You can set d-pairings to be more pinching/hold Line.. shooting/cycling etc... It took me about a half hour to go through each team and make seperate AI builds. 30 minutes is definitely worth the result. I just labeled each build by team name which makes it easy when you go to play that team.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:54 PM   #3
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpu86e
A couple of notes. Playing season mode and playoff mode gives you the option to load custom AI for each team. I've gone through each team and have customized every teams AI including lines 1-4 and pairing 1-3 and it's made a drastic improvement in gameplay. While The CPU strategy Adjustment sliders change the teams main strategy throughout the game it doesn't touch the line strategies which is the important thing. No longer does every team do the same thing on a continuous basis. You can set d-pairings to be more pinching/hold Line.. shooting/cycling etc... It took me about a half hour to go through each team and make seperate AI builds. 30 minutes is definitely worth the result. I just labeled each build by team name which makes it easy when you go to play that team.
Could you share these AI builds?

Old 04-04-2013, 05:29 PM   #4
Rookie

mpu86e's Arena

i'll post like 5 AI builds for you tonight and feel free to post some reactions after you play a game or two on your sliders or the ones i just posted with my AI builds... my AI builds vary based on the d partners and line combos... but what ill try to do is make 5 standard sets that can be used for different types of teams and make it less of a headache for everyone who doesn't feel like doing each individual team... plus me posting each individual team would be pretty hard... ill post the Pens/Bruins/Hawks/Canucks and what i use as the Flyers... hopefully i can get some time to do that tonight... i'd like to get your feedback... and a note on my sliders- i play with a buddy so my sliders are based around 2 players for CPU
Old 04-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #5
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpu86e
i'll post like 5 AI builds for you tonight and feel free to post some reactions after you play a game or two on your sliders or the ones i just posted with my AI builds... my AI builds vary based on the d partners and line combos... but what ill try to do is make 5 standard sets that can be used for different types of teams and make it less of a headache for everyone who doesn't feel like doing each individual team... plus me posting each individual team would be pretty hard... ill post the Pens/Bruins/Hawks/Canucks and what i use as the Flyers... hopefully i can get some time to do that tonight... i'd like to get your feedback... and a note on my sliders- i play with a buddy so my sliders are based around 2 players for CPU
The strategy adjustment sliders played pretty well so I'll continue to test those out. Deffinately makes the game more interesting, and it adds a coach vs coach element that I like.

Everything else on your set looks fine to me, but I have a question. Why do use those pass speed settings, in particular? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with them. I just wanna hear your reaoning behind them.

Looking forward to those AI builds. Maybe I can google some team scouting reports too.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2013, 06:11 PM   #6
Rookie

mpu86e's Arena

with manual pass on anything over 4 is just too fast for the user... i prefer manual pass for the simple fact that it allows you to pass off boards and control the pass speed also adding a more dynamic challenge... auto pass just takes the control away and i don't like the feel of it after trying it for an entire 82 game season... on manual pass i notice a big difference between great passers and bad passers on the difficult pass plays... pass speed at 6 is ok on auto i guess but the computer passes it way to fast at 6 for my liking especially on superstar... pass speed 4 with manual passing is now a set slider for me that i wont tinker with... pass interceptions at 0 for both user and CPU is also a set slider for me (especially on superstar)
Old 04-04-2013, 06:16 PM   #7
Rookie

mpu86e's Arena

just a note like you mentioned in your sliders... pass accuracy at 5 for both user and CPU and interceptions at 0 for both allows for passing between defenders legs on rare occasions and allows for more bounces off of defenders skates... just more random bounces but still the occasional great pass and random skate deflection... pass interceptions still happen but are not crazy unrealistic like before when defenders just sticky the interception and go the other way in one motion...those two sliders are also locked and set going forward for me
Old 04-05-2013, 08:26 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 1

would these work on all-star

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »