Home

How do you play your franchise?

This is a discussion on How do you play your franchise? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-02-2013, 08:52 PM   #1
Rookie

HookEmRavens's Arena

OVR: 2
How do you play your franchise?

This is my first Show game in 4 years, and I'm really happy I came back to the PS3 from Xbox just for this game. There's honestly nothing like it. Anyways, being out of the loop for so long, I was wondering how you guys played your franchises/seasons? Currently I'm waiting for the OSFM to come out, and then I'm going to start mine. Do you sim a season first? Play every game? Sim every game? I thought it'd be fun to see how everyone does there own thing.
NHL: San Jose Sharks
NCAA: Texas Longhorns
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How do you play your franchise?

i have 2 franchises. 1st franchise i try to play everyday that the Cubs do. My 2nd franchise i sim and act like GM and only play elimination games in playoffs.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:56 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 4

I fast forward pitching. It's cool because I can't play everyday, but when I do I can churn out a series or two in a day.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #4
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

i usually sim alot more than i play. But this year since i no longer have a life it seems. Im playing 80 games per season. If i average 45 minutes per game i can get through it in 20 days playing 3 hours a day. Im playing 12 games against each division opponent. 6 home and away. And then playing series i think ill like to fill out the rest.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:05 PM   #5
Rookie

I like to limit myself to 1 game per series. For the playoffs, I play Game 1, 5, 7 and will also play the Coin Flip game if need be.

For me it is a good balance of actually playing with my group, seeing how the group I build does as the CPU controls it, and it also allows me to advance each year at a reasonable rate so I am not stuck with just a 2 year advancement when the new game comes out or I reach my burnout point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #6
Rookie

gidden35's Arena

I usually do a 2 player franchise with my brother and we play every game and only do realistic trades and signings, if necessary. It is a lot of fun.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #7
Legend

KHarmo88's Arena

OVR: 55

For the second year in a row, I'm playing all 162 games once the OSFM rosters drop. I play all aspects of the franchise including minor league call-ups/downs, trading, drafting, etc. The only thing I don't do is scout.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #8
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

I play it like a football schedule lol. I play my division opponents twice once home and away 3 games each then if I play them again after that I sim. All other opponents one 3 game series no matter if it's home or away then sim next time I play them. It works out where I play about half the season and sim half the season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »