Home

Why did they nerf the post game for 2k13?

This is a discussion on Why did they nerf the post game for 2k13? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Why did they nerf the post game for 2k13?

After playing 2k13 all these months, I'm still puzzled as to why they nerfed the post game so much. 2k12 had something great going with each player having individual ratings for each post move, dribble move, and I believe spin and euro step layups/dunks. I just want to focus on the overall downgrade with shots from the post though. I also want to state that my complaints for the post come from playing online, so editing sliders, rosters, etc isn't a real option for me.

Last year I could have a good variety of post moves and have confidence that certain shots would go in with certain players. Now this year I feel forced to rely on up-and-unders for majority of my scoring from the post because the highest grade for a post shot that I've seen is a B-. I know the fadeaway was abused last year, which just needed to be toned down this year, but shooting from the post is just too unreliable in 2k13. Even hook shots are extremely unreliable.

Also, occasionally when I take a shot from the post, using the right stick, my shot feedback disappears and the shot always bricks. If anyone has insight on that particular problem, please feel free to share. 2k13 is a little flawed as leaners and step backs are apparently a better shot than an open jump shot, which is a separate issue with 2k13.

Do you guys agree? I'm not saying I struggle scoring from the post, I just typically have to rely on up and unders a lot more to get my points due to most, if not all, post shots being super unreliable majority of the time. And no, I'm not shooting from the post with guys like Kendrick Perkins and I'm not missing the releases on the shots.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #2
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Why did they nerf the post game for 2k13?

um when i take post shots, the shot meter doesnt even come up because its considered a lay up. i think the post game is fine this year. post defense on the other hand, needs some tweaking.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:17 PM   #3
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

I think it was too easy last year. I would make 70-75 percent of my shimmy shots with KG and 80% of my post fade aways with MJ and Kobe. That percentage should be 40-50 pct.

This year fade aways are a little bit tougher.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:22 PM   #4
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm hitting like 30% of post fadeaways with Al Jefferson, and like 25% of hook shots, unless it's an up-and-under. I guess the only moves players in the NBA use down in the post are up-and-unders and post spins.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 04-02-2013, 10:35 PM   #5
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

They need to tone down the up and unders create contact animations for every up and under animations and fix the hook shots wich are really wierd. There is no logic to it it seems to me. Bring shimmys into hooks too.

I think the rest is fine. It took me ages to figure it out timing on fadeaways on HOF sim though but I got it. Timing windows are really tight and I like that. There are a lot of new moves this year and I like them all very much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #6
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
They need to tone down the up and unders create contact animations for every up and under animations and fix the hook shots wich are really wierd. There is no logic to it it seems to me. Bring shimmys into hooks too.

I think the rest is fine. It took me ages to figure it out timing on fadeaways on HOF sim though but I got it. Timing windows are really tight and I like that. There are a lot of new moves this year and I like them all very much.
There are many contact animations for the up n unders. Now I do agree that more is needed, but its also not unstoppable. Biggest tip I can give is to stay grounded (don't jump), LS into the move, then, LT to contest, most of the time you will get a contact animation if not a block.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #7
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm OK with the post game overall; however, I would like to see two things:

1) More contact on up-and-under moves when the defender is in good position.

2) Slightly higher make percentage for hook shots close to the goal.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:16 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

Once you start doing more shimmies, your shot success becomes a lot better because it seems to create more space for you to get your shot off.

2013 and 2015 OS NFL Pick'em Champ...somehow I won 2 in 3 years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »