Home

Various questions regarding online play and strategies

This is a discussion on Various questions regarding online play and strategies within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #1
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

OVR: 0
Various questions regarding online play and strategies

Sorry if I'm posting a few stupid questions here, but I just got out of a few frustrating session and want to know some things.

1. We were playing these three guys who ran "Seemingly" random routes, and completely beat our corners every time(Sticky Coverage or not), Is this something that is a "Game breaker" like a TE streak, or does Baltimore just have **** corners?

2. Is there every a situation where lobbing a pass is an advantage or even viable in game? If I burn someone, they have time to catch up, if It's a short pass, it screams Pick. There just seems to be no where it is a useful throw.

3. Running the ball. It never works unless I play as a team with a complete **** QB. Why?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Various questions regarding online play and strategies

In order to pass well against ranked opponants you have to find you what routes beat man coverage. Wheel, hooks, hook outs, outs and flag routes are pretty good against man coverage. You also need to be more creative with your play calling maybe your too predictable. Being unpredictable in the run game is essential to its success. Most ranked players play max coverage d-fence until you can prove you can beat it. Running draws and dive plays works really well to get them out of the FAG D. Try running counters and stretch plays they are pretty good this year as well. For the D side of the ball find a couple of good blitzes and a FAG D to run out of the same set and mix it up a bit. If they are killing you with outs and flags drop a DE into a purple zone on the side you expect them to run those routes to.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:01 AM   #3
Rookie

OriginalGamer13's Arena

OVR: 2

^^^^

Running game > Passing game. If you can establish the run early on and minimize turnovers, then you will be competitive even with a middle-of-the-road defense. Win the battle of Time of Possession and you limit your opponent's opportunities to score. My defense is barely decent against an experienced Madden baller, but I control the clock and always keep games within winning range. That said, knowing how to contain your opponent's defense is essential. For me, this means playing a Bend-Don't-Break style of D. Contain the big play, and force your opponent into FG's and turnovers within 30 yards of the end zone. If all else fails, Engage Eight, close your eyes, and cross your fingers.

Red Zone Late Night: (5-1)

3SD Season 2: Super Bowl Champ
Old 04-22-2013, 12:23 AM   #4
Pro

rdeyes's Arena

OVR: 6

play to your teams strength or just stick to one team and learn it inside and out.

i only use the browns and have the depth chart set up to how i feel comfortable with them and i know i have a horse in trent so i try to run the ball in order to set up the pass.

one thing i did change was the playbook i went from the stock browns PB and changed to the SD playbook i also changed from 43 defense to 34 defense and made the according personnel moves to make the defense work

i have over 125 wins online with the browns
Old 06-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

When you play online ranked matches, you should want to establish the run game. I always do that, so that I can do Play-action passes to my WR's. Also, it would be good if you also had decent user skills, too. Now about what you said about those routes that beat your CB's constantly.....There are some cheese routes that ppl use in Madden such as curls, comeback,inside streak, out side streak, etc. That is prob. 1 way your opp. managed to beat your CB's that much, another way is that he gets enough protection from his O-Line. If he was able to hold onto the ball for a long time, then he would've been able to identify whether it was man or zone. If he was able to figure that out, then he'd just have to precision-passing right way to get a complete pass. HOPED THIS HELPED!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalGamer13
^^^^

Running game > Passing game. If you can establish the run early on and minimize turnovers, then you will be competitive even with a middle-of-the-road defense. Win the battle of Time of Possession and you limit your opponent's opportunities to score. My defense is barely decent against an experienced Madden baller, but I control the clock and always keep games within winning range. That said, knowing how to contain your opponent's defense is essential. For me, this means playing a Bend-Don't-Break style of D. Contain the big play, and force your opponent into FG's and turnovers within 30 yards of the end zone. If all else fails, Engage Eight, close your eyes, and cross your fingers.
I know right, the run game helps you control the clock and opens up the passing game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »