Home

Craig Kimbrel

This is a discussion on Craig Kimbrel within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-31-2013, 12:30 PM   #1
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Craig Kimbrel

What should I do for Kimbrel's third pitch in his repertoire? I'm pretty sure having his two seamer with zero velocity is a mistake but at the same time I don't even know if he throws a two seamer. I'm pretty sure Kimbrel has a four seamer, slider, and a curveball in his repertoire.

Last edited by JayD; 03-31-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2013, 12:40 PM   #2
Rookie

xSiQ's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Craig Kimbrel

I've noticed this. Also there is a Philly pitcher with the same problem, I think its Tyler Cloyd.

Kimbrel's average speed for his 2-seamer last season was about 97.1 mph, so that's about a 97 Velocity rating in game.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:47 PM   #3
MVP

CKW11's Arena

At the moment I've left it and kinda using it as a change up but I plan on changing it to a curveball. According to fan graphs he's thrown a 4 seamer, slider and a curve.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:05 PM   #4
Rookie

xSiQ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKW11
At the moment I've left it and kinda using it as a change up but I plan on changing it to a curveball. According to fan graphs he's thrown a 4 seamer, slider and a curve.
Interesting... I just checked fan graphs and it says 4-seam/Slider/2-seam (with average speed of 97.2mph)
Old 03-31-2013, 01:17 PM   #5
MVP

CKW11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSiQ
Interesting... I just checked fan graphs and it says 4-seam/Slider/2-seam (with average speed of 97.2mph)
I could be misinterpreting the info (which is a very strong possibility) but under the "Pitch Type" section it says in 2010 & 11 he threw a 4 seamer and a slider and in 2012 he threw a 4 seamer and a curveball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2013, 01:30 PM   #6
Rookie

xSiQ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKW11
I could be misinterpreting the info (which is a very strong possibility) but under the "Pitch Type" section it says in 2010 & 11 he threw a 4 seamer and a slider and in 2012 he threw a 4 seamer and a curveball.
Odd. I see what you are referring to, I was looking at the Pitch f/x Pitch Type.
Under the Pitch Type that you were looking at, it has a 4-seam and Curve but no Slider for 2012 and I'm 100% sure he threw a slider last year.
I don't ever recall seeing him throw a Curveball but I can't say I have watched a ton of Braves games, I would put my money on the 2-seamer.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:35 PM   #7
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

I guess you can see how SCEA has a problem with this.
Even sites dedicated to providing this info give conflicting and sometimes vague(they've gotten better in giving breakdowns of FB's....it used to just say FB for everything(2S/4S/Cutter) reports.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-31-2013, 01:41 PM   #8
MVP

CKW11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSiQ
Odd. I see what you are referring to, I was looking at the Pitch f/x Pitch Type.
Under the Pitch Type that you were looking at, it has a 4-seam and Curve but no Slider for 2012 and I'm 100% sure he threw a slider last year.
I don't ever recall seeing him throw a Curveball but I can't say I have watched a ton of Braves games, I would put my money on the 2-seamer.
So what do you plan on doing? Just upping the velocity on the 2 seamer? Not around my PS at the moment but with the way pitch velocity is this year would increasing his 2 seam velocity increase the velocity on his 4 seamer and slider as well?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »