Home

Swing speed

This is a discussion on Swing speed within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #1
Pro

Taku's Arena

OVR: 10
Icon5 Swing speed

Are you hitting your drives with perfect swing speed, are you swinging too fast if you're not careful?

I can not reach the perfect speed, never with full swings. No matter what shaft I choose, no matter how quickly I flick up the analog stick. I miss the perfect speed by just a little, what I'm wondering is that I can make that same swing with no effort at all and also when I try to be as quick as possible. I can make a perfect swing or even hit too hard when in putting, chipping or pitching but never with full strokes.

It feels like my controller(or console) can't keep up with the required speed, it seems to be working fine in every other situation though...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2013, 07:22 PM   #2
Rookie

papaprings's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Swing speed

Bump. Having the same issue, cannot achieve perfect swing speed.

Swing style:
Power
Draw
Trajectory high

Anyone have an answer to this?
Old 03-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I tested out the Practice Facility and noticed that I couldn't achieve anything but "Slow Swing" when practicing with my driver.

I thought it odd since I've not had that issue when playing a round.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:56 PM   #4
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

I try to achieve fast speed but rarely get it. It feels like I am flicking the stick quickly enough but slow seems to be what I achieve the majority of the time.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:08 AM   #5
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taku
Are you hitting your drives with perfect swing speed, are you swinging too fast if you're not careful?

I can not reach the perfect speed, never with full swings. No matter what shaft I choose, no matter how quickly I flick up the analog stick. I miss the perfect speed by just a little, what I'm wondering is that I can make that same swing with no effort at all and also when I try to be as quick as possible. I can make a perfect swing or even hit too hard when in putting, chipping or pitching but never with full strokes.

It feels like my controller(or console) can't keep up with the required speed, it seems to be working fine in every other situation though...
you have to bring it down fast and then super fast through... It takes a concerted effort for me to get a perfect swing... but i over swing 95% of the time
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2013, 01:22 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I overswing majority of the time as well but have been able to hit perfect swing when trying. I'm a power swinger with low trajectory.

I'm only on pro starting out, but I haven't noticed any disadvantages to overswinging, are there any?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »