Home

Post Patch Bugs that still need fixing

This is a discussion on Post Patch Bugs that still need fixing within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-27-2013, 12:00 AM   #1
Rookie

bautistabomb's Arena

OVR: 10
Post Patch Bugs that still need fixing

Didn't see a thread for this so I thought I would make one for any bugs that are still lingering post patch.

1. Video board still showing duplicate entries for at bats at Rogers Centre
example.
1st single
1st single
1st single
3rd Pop out to SS

2. Still able to adjust throw difficulty to rookie mode for button accuracy online after game has started.

That's honestly all I have seen now. I think Regression still needs work for older players but that's not a bug, its pehaps more a balancing issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2013, 12:32 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Post Patch Bugs that still need fixing

in game music too low..renders sounds of show almost useless
series stats in franchise not fixed
Old 03-27-2013, 12:43 AM   #3
Rookie

bautistabomb's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by knich
in game music too low..renders sounds of show almost useless
series stats in franchise not fixed
What do you mean by Series stats in franchise? What bug is this? It's really too bad about the walk up music. Didn't have a chance to test this out yet. Might get fixed in a future patch.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:46 AM   #4
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

The NY Mets scoreboard in center field also has the duplicate issue that you mentioned.

My biggest wishes should we be granted another patch would be for them to fix the MOM issue with the AI not adjusting defense, which they know about and said it was fixed but didnt have time to test it. I dont even play MOM mode but I feel bad for those that do that seems pretty big to me.

My really big wish and something I do not know how it is overlooked, is the budget issue that is starring you in the face everytime you load franchise. I'm talking about how EVERY team no matter what there record winning the WS or losing with a .100 winning pct they all gain 10 million dollars after every season. I was really looking forward to franchise for all the new features and this was hyped up in press releases/videos but it is very broken.

Press release:

"Franchise and Season Mode Evolution (PS3 & PS Vita)
MLB 13 The Show is set on improving the user’s experience in Franchise mode by focusing on player development, while creating a more realistic and dynamic league as time progresses. Additions include a newly implemented team budget that focuses on a reward-penalty system which is solely based on a team’s performance on the field."

I litereally 5 minutes ago was on my PS3 and testing this. I used the Mets and the Twins in both tests. I released their top 15 players in April, simmed the season and fell back 30 games of the division leader by June. I ended with .100 winning pcts. Both times I was given a 10 million dollar increase to my budget for the next year. How can this be overlooked? There is literally a graph on the FRONT of the franchise mode. That graph with the green bars. It litereally says "profit / loss determined by on field performance"

For every single month using both teams the green bars were maxed to the profit side of things. You would think if I won 3 games in an entire month the bar should be going in the negative to show I will be losing profit. Nope, it always behaves the same. I just wish they didn't mention something as a new feature and then not integrate it at all in any way. It isnt a HUGE thing but its annoying to see that chart and know its broken. Im tired and ranting now so i better go to bed. Other than that I LOVE this game A+++ gameplay Just wish franchise features worked better.

Same thing with the AI behavior in terms of trading players/drafting. The other big feature of franchise was for different teams to behave different based on if they are contenders or in rebuilding mode. But i've seen and others have reported teams doing some wierd stuff, like making trades which make no sense given their current status in the season. Last in division but signing a big free agent, or trading prospects for one. I only bring all of this up becuase of how much I love the game. The gameplay is phenomenal. I dont even think we will get another patch and even if we did that any of this would be fixed, but at least they can be aware of it for The Show 14. Please do not advertise and hype features that are not implemented, the game is good enough to sell without doing that
Old 03-27-2013, 01:21 AM   #5
Rookie

nonoirie's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU

My biggest wishes should we be granted another patch would be for them to fix the MOM issue with the AI not adjusting defense, which they know about and said it was fixed but didnt have time to test it. I dont even play MOM mode but I feel bad for those that do that seems pretty big to me.
THANKS! At least they know about it. As Knight stated, we shall hope and pray.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2013, 02:08 AM   #6
Pro

I3RIS3H's Arena

OVR: 8

After this patch I really don't have any MAJOR gripes, but a minor one would be the crowd in the first inning.
I understand the excitement for the start of the game, but they don't sit down for the full 1st inning.
NCAA: Kansas Jayhawks
Old 03-27-2013, 03:54 AM   #7
Rookie

daenius's Arena

OVR: 3

it's a small thing, but it still kinda bugs me:

Whenever you play the final game of any series against any team in Franchise Mode you'll always see a "Series: 0 for 0, 0 HR" insert just under the main insert when each batter is walking up into the batter's box, not the actual statline each player had during the series.

AND: 1-3 Putouts.

I think they're happening far too frequently. Either the pitcher fielding a moderately hit grounder and throwing to 1B or actually picking off hard hit liners instantly while still in his pitching release motion (with his back turned to the batter's box, so to say).

Last edited by daenius; 03-27-2013 at 03:58 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:11 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bautistabomb
Didn't see a thread for this so I thought I would make one for any bugs that are still lingering post patch.

1. Video board still showing duplicate entries for at bats at Rogers Centre
example.
1st single
1st single
1st single
3rd Pop out to SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
The NY Mets scoreboard in center field also has the duplicate issue that you mentioned.
I think this issue is unrelated to specific stadiums. I have seen it in at least 3-4 other stadiums. Every stadium that I have remembered to look (the ones that list each at-bat), I have noticed it. However, is seems to be an "intermittent" issue. Sometimes the board is correct, sometimes it is not. For one player it may be incorrect, while the next player's ABs can be accurate. I have seen the mistake mostly duplicating first at-bats, but have also seen 4th inning (2nd ABs) as well be duped.

FYI--there is a Jumbotron issues thread that has already been started. You may want to list other scoreboard bugs there.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...inquiries.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »