Home

What is the solution for high Strike Percentage?

This is a discussion on What is the solution for high Strike Percentage? within the MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-26-2013, 05:26 PM   #1
Pro

ScouserHUN's Arena

OVR: 4
What is the solution for high Strike Percentage?

Hi there!

I'm using Analog pitching for 2 years now, and I'm beginning to get very good at it. I can easily paint the strike zone with my pitches, anytime I want and I usually have about 70-75% of strikes.

My pitching difficulty is Hall of Fame, I'm using the ball marker, hot zones on preview, and I have the strike zone always shown.

I have lowered Pitcher control to 3 and accuracy to 4, but it does not seem to be helping.

What are you doing to throw more balls?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: What is the solution for high Strike Percentage?

Personally I lower CPU pitcher control, CPU pitcher consistency, and CPU strike frequency all to 1 bar. The problem could be you swinging at bad pitches which was my problem in The Show 12 but iv'e become a lot better at taking my pitches. Hope this helps
Old 03-26-2013, 05:35 PM   #3
Rookie

NelsonBis's Arena

OVR: 2

I have similar situation Scouser, though not as good as you are. I was thinking of making the pitch meter as small as possible, maybe this would make pitching accuracey more difficult.

Liverpool or Everton?
Old 03-26-2013, 05:37 PM   #4
Pro

ScouserHUN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by basbeballstar77
Personally I lower CPU pitcher control, CPU pitcher consistency, and CPU strike frequency all to 1 bar. The problem could be you swinging at bad pitches which was my problem in The Show 12 but iv'e become a lot better at taking my pitches. Hope this helps
Nono I'm perfectly fine when hitting. My problem is when I'm pitching. i can throw a lot of strikes, paint the corners, thus my strike % when pitching is very high.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:37 PM   #5
Pro

ScouserHUN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonBis
I have similar situation Scouser, though not as good as you are. I was thinking of making the pitch meter as small as possible, maybe this would make pitching accuracey more difficult.

Liverpool or Everton?
Liverpool
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2013, 05:42 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 24

Are you really painting the corners at will? Or are you just lobbing in strikes with no concern for the CPU?

Because one possible reason you're throwing too many strikes is that the CPU sucks at hitting them.

Try boosting CPU Solid Hits or Power, or difficulty level or whatever else.

OR

Last year this problem was pretty exorbitant, and my solution was to shrink the size of the Analog meter. The smaller it is, the harder it is to hit your spots.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:32 PM   #7
Just started!

OVR: 0

oh i see, try pulse pitching, its a bit more unaccurate
Old 03-27-2013, 02:34 PM   #8
Pro

ScouserHUN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Are you really painting the corners at will? Or are you just lobbing in strikes with no concern for the CPU?

Because one possible reason you're throwing too many strikes is that the CPU sucks at hitting them.

Try boosting CPU Solid Hits or Power, or difficulty level or whatever else.

OR

Last year this problem was pretty exorbitant, and my solution was to shrink the size of the Analog meter. The smaller it is, the harder it is to hit your spots.
I've started to track my pitching stats in excel and here are my pitching stats after 3 games:

Zone%: 54% (2012 league avg: 45%)
O-Swing%: 33% (2012 league avg: 31%)
Z-Swing%: 64% (2012 league avg: 65%)
Swing%: 49% (2012 league avg: 46%)
SwStr%: 12% (2012 league avg: 9%)
Strike%: 69% (2012 league avg: 63%)

I will keep testing for another 7 games and I'll see where I stand that time. To tell the truth I've only used Buchholz, Lester and Dempster so far, so I'm interested to see Lackey and Doubront too. Maybe they will lower the Zone% and the Strike% a bit.

But as far as I've seen it, I think the CPU swings for a little bit too many pitches, so maybe I will set CPU timing to 6 after the 7 games and will see the result then. I will try to upload the excel sheet to google later

Last edited by ScouserHUN; 03-27-2013 at 02:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »