Home

Run For The Playoffs - A Louisville Bats AAA dynasty

This is a discussion on Run For The Playoffs - A Louisville Bats AAA dynasty within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-25-2013, 02:52 PM   #1
MVP

redsrulenc's Arena

OVR: 8
Run For The Playoffs - A Louisville Bats AAA dynasty

Hi all. Please enjoy what you're about to read. There is some solid background information that you'll want to know before continuing. This thread picks up with 11 games left in the regular season. I've played every pitch, every inning, every game of the whole franchise with the Louisville Bats and the season is winding down. Information on what's been happening can be found below, under the Personal Background section. NOTICE : This is a trial version for me, as far as updates go. With only 11 regular season games to report back on, this will give me a good feel for whether I want to start a fresh thread for the next season. I'll finally be able to test whether or not reporting a franchise online, to the public, is for me.

Personal background - I'm an avid, diehard, hardcore, to the death, from birth..fan of the Cincinnati Reds. I'm in college in North Carolina, offered a baseball scholarship to play college ball, but a dislocated knee plus surgery on that knee in high school ruined that chance. The way I look at it, more time for THE SHOW and more importantly, work and school. I've had a long career of sports video gaming. This is my first time ever going public with a dynasty thread. For years and years I've always kept my close friends and family in on updates on what happens in my franchises on MLB: The Show, as well as Madden, and NCAA basketball 10. I host a texting group amungst my friends, where before and after every game of the show I send a mass text to anyone interested letting them in on the latest updates from THE SHOW, so I am very passionate and driven by what is happening in my franchise with THE SHOW. I play THE SHOW for extreme realism. If the Reds call up Billy Hamilton in the middle of July, I lose him on my team too. Same with trades. When the Reds in real life make trades involving prospects, it kills my team. But part of managing a minor league team is dealing with that stuff.

Louisville Bats current season background- First off, this has been an excellent season. We started off very HOT 9-0 to start the season, and lead the division for the whole first half, up to the all star break. We did so with fantastic starting pitching and great defense, which has been our winning formula all year. However, we couldn't lead the division all year. Ever since the 2nd game back from the all star break, our now-hated division rival, the Columbus Clippers, have lead the division and we haven't been able to catch them. Now, with only 11 games left in the season, we find ourselves 5 games out in the division, but leading the wild card over Buffalo by 2 games.
After putting so much time in to this franchise, we better not collapse, otherwise I'll be VERY ticked. All I want is playoffs. I realize that our "big brothers" in Columbus have our number, and we probably won't win the division, but as long as we can make playoffs I'll be satisfied.

A developing story is that I'm in the final year of my contract with Louisville. At the end of this season I'll have the option of moving up to manage the Reds, or return to Louisville. I'm basing that decision off of what happens the remainder of the season. If we miss playoffs, I'll feel as if I didn't earn a promotion and force myself to stay in AAA. If we make playoffs and lose, the decision will be up in the air. If my squad somehow got lucky and God forbid win the AAA championship, I'd nearly feel obligated to accept a promotion to the MLB level.

Louisville #1.jpg

Louisville #2.jpg

Reds_Logo_091254842909.png

Updates will come as games are played. I typically play one game a day. I'll try to keep this thing updated as much as possible for as long as I am able to.

Season one games end on page 9. Season two games start on page 21, but please, enjoy the off-season posts in the pages previous to that.

Last edited by redsrulenc; 08-28-2013 at 01:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #2
MVP

redsrulenc's Arena

Re: Run For The Playoffs - A Louisville Bats AAA dynasty

Sorry for the long first post, but there's some important reading in there if you're one who will be following this franchise as it develops.

Next game

Game 2 of a 2 game set against 1st place Columbus. They beat us 4-0 in the first game of the set. Here's a light recap of what went down in Louisville last night.

.."VERY frustrated.
In my AAA Louisville Bats dynasty we hosted the division leader Columbus Clippers. Carlos Carrasco, who has a ERA of 6.78. He pitches a 2 hit, complete game shutout. To add salt to the womb, my bullpen implodes in the 9th, after we were already down 2-0 with no chance of cracking the case on "Mr. Walter Johnson" on the mound, and we end up losing 4-0 at home. Only 11 games left in the season, leading the wild card by 3 games and 2nd place in the division to Columbus by 5."

Today we send RHP Armando Galarraga to the mound with this lineup card, brought to you by State Farm Insurance :

CF Billy Hamilton
SS Emmanuel Burriss (Playing short to give Cesar Izturis a day off)
C Miguel Olivo
1B Neftali Soto
3B Jack Hannahan - Hot Streak
LF Cody Puckett
2B PJ Phillips (Starting tonight on a Hot Streak after Emmanuel is moved to Short because of Cesar's day off)
RF Felix Perez - Hot Streak
DH Donald Lutz - Hot Streak

- Hoping for a big day from the bottom of my lineup as you can tell by those hot streaks. I'll have an update after today's game.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #3
MVP

kc2135's Arena

following, man
Old 03-25-2013, 05:38 PM   #4
MVP

redsrulenc's Arena

Thanks a lot, fellow Reds fan. I wanna make sure I get some interest on this thing if I'mma put any time in to it at all.

If anyone checks this thread out, post something so I know you're interested!!

*BTW, Just got game two of a two game set done against arch-rival Columbus. It was an exciting game, to say the least. Quite surprising too. More to come later tonight, when I have a full game write up posted. 10 games left in the regular season and we're trying to at least win the wild card!
Old 03-25-2013, 05:55 PM   #5
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

I'll be following. I'm a proponent of the "like" thumbs-up at the bottom right of the post to let you know I'm checking in. Most times I don't have a lot worthwhile to say, but at least you know "jmik58 wuz here".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2013, 06:05 PM   #6
MVP

redsrulenc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
I'll be following. I'm a proponent of the "like" thumbs-up at the bottom right of the post to let you know I'm checking in. Most times I don't have a lot worthwhile to say, but at least you know "jmik58 wuz here".
Thanks for the reply. Feel free to throw in any thoughts you may ever have!
Old 03-25-2013, 08:39 PM   #7
Rookie

NightHawkTH's Arena

OVR: 1

nice you decided to do it! i'll be following.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:58 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1
Following man! Thinking of doing something like this when osfm drops but probably going to do all three teams! Nice work!

Go read my latest dynasty:
http://The Story of a Legend: A Madd...r Player (M13)

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »