Home

Is either fight night 4 or champion worth getting

This is a discussion on Is either fight night 4 or champion worth getting within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-24-2013, 05:49 PM   #1
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10
Is either fight night 4 or champion worth getting

i looked thru the serches but i couldnt really find the answer that i was looking for...

i have fight night rd 3; i enjoyed it alot but ive pretty much maxed it out.

i purchased rd 4 the day it came out but i ended up trading it in within a wk or so. i heard rumors that the game was vastly improved later on via patches, tuners, and sliders but thats just rumors ive heard. and i also heard rumors that alot of folks didnt like champion either when it first dropped.

so, now that all the dust has settled; is either game worth picking up or should i just skip both games and stick to breaking out round 3 every once in a while to get my boxing fix?

notes:
- ill be playing offline only

- price is not a factor. i dont care about the price only that i wont have buyers remorse

- interested in gameplay 1st - A.I. 2nd - career mode 3rd - graphics last

Hidden Within the Depths of Silence and Solitude, Awaits the Realest Dude...
-- TajDeni
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2013, 11:59 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Is either fight night 4 or champion worth getting

IMO neither one is worth a discount bin price. You'll get bored right away, particularly offline vs CPU.

In retrospect I preferred FN 3 to both of them.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #3
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TajDeni
...notes:

- ill be playing offline only

- price is not a factor. i dont care about the price only that i wont have buyers remorse

- interested in gameplay 1st - A.I. 2nd - career mode 3rd - graphics last
To some, offline means single player. If that's the case, skip. IMO, the boxers are not good representations of the real life counterparts. Offline vs other users, the game is not bad if your opponent wants to box and/or fight like the actual boxer he picked.

The gameplay is not far off IMO. Footwork, punch effectiveness, stamina & scoring could use some work. If they were interested in producing a realistic game, the next release could've been it.

Boxer AI is ehh. The fighters do not fight like their real life counterparts.

Career is unchanged. The new Story mode is OK, but linear. A combination of the 2 would've been best.

Graphics are sweet.

When the fellas get together, this game is not bad. I don't play online and can't stand the career mode. But playing friends offline can be fun depending on the opponent. I'm strictly and offline sports gamer. Since more than half my games are played against the CPU in some sort of season mode, I don't own this game. I'd only recommend this to someone whose life includes regular game time with the fellas.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:51 PM   #4
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10

thanks for the responses, ill just stay with fnrd3

- also when i mentioned offline i was referring to playing offline solo, my bad i wasnt clearer.

Hidden Within the Depths of Silence and Solitude, Awaits the Realest Dude...
-- TajDeni
Old 03-26-2013, 08:55 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 0

I would suggest going ahead and getting Fight Night Champion. If you say you're enjoying 3, you'll definitely love the upgrade to champions. Wayyy more realistic than 3 bro.

I'm actually in a Legacy mode (Career Mode) right now with Fight Night Champions. Tweak the sliders to your liking along with a good dose of house rules and imagination (Same thing you had to do in any version right? However, the game is better), you'll be perfectly fine.

Is it where it should be, I dont think so, but if you're a fan of boxing/video game boxing in general, you'll like it. Its the closest thing you're going to get to Hajime no ippo boxers road 2 on a current generation console.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2013, 10:18 AM   #6
MVP

I would suggest going ahead and getting Fight Night Champion. If you say you're enjoying 3, you'll definitely love the upgrade to champions. Wayyy more realistic than 3 bro.

I'm actually in a Legacy mode (Career Mode) right now with Fight Night Champions. Tweak the sliders to your liking along with a good dose of house rules and imagination (Same thing you had to do in any version right? However, the game is better), you'll be perfectly fine.

Is it where it should be, I dont think so, but if you're a fan of boxing/video game boxing in general, you'll like it. Its the closest thing you're going to get to Hajime no ippo boxers road 2 on a current generation console.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #7
Rookie

I'm not sure if it's available on the 360, but the story mode from Fight Night Champion is available on the Playstation Store for 5 bucks. If that's an option, I think it's worth it. It's not very long, but I had a ton of fun.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:13 PM   #8

OVR: 34

I would say it is definitely worth it, especially at the current going price of $20. Don't let what some expect from the game to put a damper on what is good in the game. I have been enjoying this title since its release, and while it has its flaws, you can get an enjoyable game out of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »