Home

Do you think my Jazz team is Finals ready?

This is a discussion on Do you think my Jazz team is Finals ready? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-23-2013, 07:03 AM   #1
Rookie

williams_87_05's Arena

OVR: 12
Do you think my Jazz team is Finals ready?

Starting a 14 game association, using the harder mkharsh sliders, 10 minute quarters, and all playoff series are best of 3 game. I made three trades, to get a game changer in Monta, make CAP space, and contend for a championship this year. I want to re-sign my big 3, Monta, Jefferson, and Milsap. I got Ridnour because he fits this offense perfectly, good handle, great shot, and lights out from the free throw line. If I get like 11 points and 8 ast out of him I will be happy, he doesnt have to do much just protect the ball.

Starting Lineup
PG: L. Ridnour (72)
SG: M.Ellis (86) I am very good with him
SF: G. Hayward (68)
PF: P. Milsap (83)
C: A. Jefferson (84)

Bench
6- A. Burk (SG/SF - 71)
7- E. Kanter (C - 65)
8- R. Foye (SG - 71)
9- E. Watson (PG - 66)
10- M. Morris (PF - 69)
11- J. Przybilla (C - 61)
12- J. Evans (PF - 56)
Res- D. Cunningham (SF - 59)

Finances
- 283k in Cap/ 11.98 Tax Room/ 31.67 Hardcap Room

Trades
- Jazz trade Mo Williams and Jamaal Tinsley to the Rockets for Markieff Morris

- Jazz trade Marvin Williams and Demarre Carroll to the TWolves for Luke Ridnour and Dante Cunningham

- Jazz trade Derrick Favors, Raja Bell, and a 2013 1st round pick to the Bucks for Monta Ellis and Joel Przybilla
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2013, 07:41 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Do you think my Jazz team is Finals ready?

Well you'll probably reach it since playing the CPU is easy, but in real life that team would be marginally better than it is now. Monta Ellis is one of the least efficient scorers in the league and there's no way the bucks would have done that trade in real life.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:19 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

If you happen to win the NBA Championship with that team, increase difficulty.
I would trade for some bench players, a good sixth man.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Sanders or no Sanders, if you're Hammond you take this deal and run. There's no way a potential 1 year rental of Ellis warrants anything near that value. The Jennings and Ellis pairing obviously isn't going to maximize the Bucks' outlook so it's hard to believe they had plans to retain him. Favors + 1st Round Pick would fetch a really nice gain the market so settling for Ellis was shortchanging yourself. Maybe you should go all the way and try flipping Kanter into a win-now piece. Your off season should be really interesting with Jefferson, Milsap and potentially Ellis all demanding pay days.

Last edited by whoreallycares16; 03-23-2013 at 12:22 PM. Reason: mixed quote and my paragraph
Old 03-23-2013, 02:32 PM   #5
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24

No. That is a first round team in the west.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoreallycares16
Sanders or no Sanders, if you're Hammond you take this deal and run. There's no way a potential 1 year rental of Ellis warrants anything near that value. The Jennings and Ellis pairing obviously isn't going to maximize the Bucks' outlook so it's hard to believe they had plans to retain him. Favors + 1st Round Pick would fetch a really nice gain the market so settling for Ellis was shortchanging yourself. Maybe you should go all the way and try flipping Kanter into a win-now piece. Your off season should be really interesting with Jefferson, Milsap and potentially Ellis all demanding pay days.
I probably woulda looked at getting rid of either milsap or jefferson, most likely milsap cause I think hes too inconsistent (in real life) and you have favors up and coming who could take his place soon.Mo williams may be getting older but hes still great. Love watching alec burks and his ratings are good enough to be backup pg or sg. Im still hoping Haward can be more consistent too. Im a jazz fan like you, i watch almost all their games on root sports. Go Jazz oh yeah and it sucks you traded Demarre, hes one of my favorites this year too

Last edited by voicingpuma9060; 03-23-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:31 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 9

John stocktons son is playin for the zags this afternoon you shld check it out
Old 03-24-2013, 04:02 AM   #8
Rookie

williams_87_05's Arena

OVR: 12

I guess I asked the wrong question. This isn't a loaded team but I don't play with loaded teams. This team is a lot more loaded than I normally play with though I guess that's why I was kinda excited to play with it. I also undstand nobody really likes Monta but he is one of my favorite players. He could have also been realistically traded this year. I kinda wanted to make a big 3 not as big as the heat but 3 players over 80 and then role players around them.

Thanks for the input I may try to rework the team and see what else I can get.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »