Home

Anybody else get a kick out of playing old sports games?

This is a discussion on Anybody else get a kick out of playing old sports games? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-21-2013, 12:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Anybody else get a kick out of playing old sports games?

I keep all my sports games as they're worth crap after the season's over. I do play them from time to time, like last night. I played NBA 2K6.
KG's still playing for the Wolves, Shaq can still play along side Wade, Thunders were still the SuperSonics, good times!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #2
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Anybody else get a kick out of playing old sports games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch Klutz
I keep all my sports games as they're worth crap after the season's over. I do play them from time to time, like last night. I played NBA 2K6.
KG's still playing for the Wolves, Shaq can still play along side Wade, Thunders were still the SuperSonics, good times!
I actually like how simple 2k6 was gameplay wise.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 03-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #3
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24

Yeah! It always good to hear the songs you heard a long time ago, see those old animations and stuff like that. I like to play NBA Live 06 sometimes.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Old 03-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #4
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

The only old sport game I still play is MVP Baseball 2006 (the one with Manny Ramirez on the cover). Unfortunately MVP 2006 is still the best baseball game to date. If only the 2K team of developers who make the NBA games could also make the baseball games... then maybe I could play some baseball from this decade! That would be awesome.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
The only old sport game I still play is MVP Baseball 2006 (the one with Manny Ramirez on the cover). Unfortunately MVP 2006 is still the best baseball game to date. If only the 2K team of developers who make the NBA games could also make the baseball games... then maybe I could play some baseball from this decade! That would be awesome.
MVP Baseball was nice! 2K has exclusive rights to MLB, that's why there's no more MVP. EA did try NCAA Baseball in 2007, but they scrapped it due to poor sales. 2K shared their license with all other companies except EA for what they did with NFL license in 2006.
Anyhow, you didn't like The Show?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2013, 03:36 PM   #6
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

I've been playing 2K7 (vs the CPU) again the last 3-4 days. With my sliders, roster edits and playbooks (by some OSers) the game plays GREAT! Using the higher 'Broadcast' cam (Nosebleed, or something similar + zoom in the key) and it looks awesome and I can see everything.

Man, I've had some great games, with some nice stats and drama.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I've been playing 2K7 (vs the CPU) again the last 3-4 days. With my sliders, roster edits and playbooks (by some OSers) the game plays GREAT! Using the higher 'Broadcast' cam (Nosebleed, or something similar + zoom in the key) and it looks awesome and I can see everything.

Man, I've had some great games, with some nice stats and drama.
I have the best nostalgic moments of sports gaming with NBA 2K on Dreamcast. I was in college dorms at the time and I'd bet $5 per game against everybody on my floor! Being a life long Lakers fan, I still had to pick them. They were one of the worst rated team for some reason. No performance updates like today. Lakers won that year too! Kobe, Shaq, Horry, Harper, Glen Rice, Fox, why the low rating?
Old 03-21-2013, 03:49 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I remember when every player had the same jumpshot. The only players that had different shots were Tayshaun Prince with his lefty and Shaq's hook shot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »