Home

"What-to-do" in Franchise

This is a discussion on "What-to-do" in Franchise within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-21-2013, 02:29 AM   #1
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18
"What-to-do" in Franchise

Im kind of lost/overwhelmed. For the guys who really manage their teams/farm systems on a day-by-day basis, what do you guys do in Franchise? Do you look over data for the upcoming series if you play the games (maybe like look at other players' cards or something...is there even scouting data in this game)?...Do you check your minor league players stats every week to see how they are doing?...do you look for trades all the time?...do you train players on a week by week basis?...do you look at your draft scout's data a lot?

I just feel like I need a routine, since there is a good amount of stuff to do in this game. I would like to hear everyone else's routine, and hopefully I can piggyback off some of yours - and for god's sake don't be afraid to go in-depth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #2
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: "What-to-do" in Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
Im kind of lost/overwhelmed. For the guys who really manage their teams/farm systems on a day-by-day basis, what do you guys do in Franchise? Do you look over data for the upcoming series if you play the games (maybe like look at other players' cards or something...is there even scouting data in this game)?...Do you check your minor league players stats every week to see how they are doing?...do you look for trades all the time?...do you train players on a week by week basis?...do you look at your draft scout's data a lot?

I just feel like I need a routine, since there is a good amount of stuff to do in this game. I would like to hear everyone else's routine, and hopefully I can piggyback off some of yours - and for god's sake don't be afraid to go in-depth.

I take a lot of time in my franchise mode.
This is one reason I really miss the newspaper.....thank God the 1000 guys who don't even play franchise or the game(I'm looking at you econoodle) screamed so loud at how the newspaper is so "outdated" it doesn't make sense to keep it in

But I digress....
THIS IS ON THE SHOW SCHEDULE
Monday of is AAA time. I flip to the triple A level and check the team stats and league leaders.
Wednesday is AA time....I do the same there....
Friday is my day to look at possible roster moves(other than injuries)...based on performance.
Saturday is my trade day. It is the sole day on the schedule that I try and make my trades(to keep from making too many)
Sunday is the day I flip through the entire league and just make sure that the CPU teams lineups/rotations look correct(in terms of the proper TYPE(not specific) players are playing in each position.(RP have a habit of showing up in the rotations when injuries occur)

I do check the TRANSACTIONS screen everyday for CPU-CPU trades.

I use 30 team control....but actually do nothing for the other teams.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I take a lot of time in my franchise mode.
This is one reason I really miss the newspaper.....thank God the 1000 guys who don't even play franchise or the game(I'm looking at you econoodle) screamed so loud at how the newspaper is so "outdated" it doesn't make sense to keep it in

But I digress....
THIS IS ON THE SHOW SCHEDULE
Monday of is AAA time. I flip to the triple A level and check the team stats and league leaders.
Wednesday is AA time....I do the same there....
Friday is my day to look at possible roster moves(other than injuries)...based on performance.
Saturday is my trade day. It is the sole day on the schedule that I try and make my trades(to keep from making too many)
Sunday is the day I flip through the entire league and just make sure that the CPU teams lineups/rotations look correct(in terms of the proper TYPE(not specific) players are playing in each position.(RP have a habit of showing up in the rotations when injuries occur)

I do check the TRANSACTIONS screen everyday for CPU-CPU trades.

I use 30 team control....but actually do nothing for the other teams.

M.K.
Knight165

I was wondering what happened to the newspaper. I enjoyed it.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:20 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 4

Let it sink in. Spend about 5-10 minutes in between games tinkering and by the end of 3 or 4 games you'll have a working knowledge of it.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:30 PM   #5
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

Knight that was great, thank you!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2013, 12:33 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

Yeah I liked the newspaper. It really was not necessary to remove it. If print is "outdated" then could they have maybe made the paper like an interactive webpage similar to espn.com. That would have been cool. You could news specific to your team and also news around the league.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:42 PM   #7
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

Does anybody else try to scout their opponents?
Old 03-21-2013, 12:57 PM   #8
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
Does anybody else try to scout their opponents?
Yes....I forgot to mention.

This is when I use the hot/cold portion from the front end.
Before each series I note who is hot and cold from my upcoming opponent.

I asked that this info be displayed as a pre-game presentation....but not yet.
Hopefully for the future.

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »