Home

Moving your defense

This is a discussion on Moving your defense within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-21-2013, 01:05 AM   #1
MVP

Braves Fan's Arena

OVR: 11
Moving your defense

Really has added to my gaming experience. I've been someone that in the past never took the time to use scouting reports and moved my defense prior to pitching to a batter. I always felt it was just too time consuming but with the on screen improvements in MOM I've decided to use it for every hitter. Let me tell you there is nothing more rewarding than having an opposing hitter hit the ball right into your shift. I really feel like my managing is making a difference now. If we could get it patched so the CPU does the same thing instead of playing every hitter straight up no matter what the game situation calls for that would make it even better but as of now I'm really enjoying taking my time and actually managing!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2013, 01:13 AM   #2
Banned

vcu9's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Moving your defense

I agree 100%. I really like the new defensive positioning screen that we have in MLB 13. I hope they NEVER change it and leave it just as it is. The need to add the "shade" option to outfielders and infielders and then it will be Perfect.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:51 AM   #3
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Glad to see some people taking advantage of this. I like to get creative with my shifts as well online and offline.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:23 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yes thats a major major part of the Game, keep it up and you will be happy. Sometimes the shift will back fired but thats BaseBall.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:19 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

It's too bad the alignment doesn't RESET after one batter.

That and, personally, I think the having to use the triggers to flip between windows and select the differrent players and options are WAY over-complicated...I just cannot get used to it.

Other than that, it's good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2013, 07:48 AM   #6
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by treyraq
It's too bad the alignment doesn't RESET after one batter.

That and, personally, I think the having to use the triggers to flip between windows and select the differrent players and options are WAY over-complicated...I just cannot get used to it.

Other than that, it's good.
They won't reset if you set it to "lineup" and not just a particular batter. My only complaint is that they don't adjust when someone gets on base, so you have to manually go in and hold the runner and put DP depth on.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:45 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
They won't reset if you set it to "lineup" and not just a particular batter. My only complaint is that they don't adjust when someone gets on base, so you have to manually go in and hold the runner and put DP depth on.
Right, so then what is the point of the "One Batter" option?

I feel that when you go into the alignment screen, it should default to the "Current Batter" situation, and for one batter. That way, it resets for the next hitter which might call for another change.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:01 AM   #8
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

I wish the CPU would shift the defense for me automatically. It already takes an hour or hour and a half to play through a game but I give up a ton of cheap hits that would be fixed by moving around the defense. I don't wanna have to go through and align my defense every single batter. Then the games would last for 2 plus hours. Ain't nobody got time for that!
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »