Home

Braves fans...

This is a discussion on Braves fans... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-20-2013, 01:34 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Braves fans...

Has anyone made it to the offseason yet? Just wondering what your plans were going to be. I simmed through a season and it is looking tough to resign everyone. You have Heyward, Freeman, Simmons, Kimbrell, McCann, Beachy, Medlen, Minor, Teheran, etc. all looking for contracts.

Just trying to get some ideas on how to handle it since I've never been very good at contracts and what is best to offer and things like that. Stuff like arbitration, I know what it means, but don't really know the best time to use it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2013, 10:49 AM   #2
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Braves fans...

Well, you should still be able to keep all of them except Mac given that all the others are arbitration eligible and don't necessarily need to go all out with the money. Actually, Teheran, Simmons, Beachy and Minor aren't arb eligible yet so you should be ok. I would sign Heyward and Freeman to long term deals and maybe Mac if you can afford it.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:17 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Medlen had a big year for me, winning the Cy Young award and increasing to 98 overall, so I signed him to a 5 year deal. 2 year contracts were given to Heyward, Mac, and Walden. Venters and Simmons to a three year contract. All of the other big names were arbitration eligible so I got everyone back, traded Minor and one of my A potential third base players for two A potential pitchers (Bundy and Tillman from Baltimore, who are having great seasons) and i'm in first place right now!
Old 03-20-2013, 01:12 PM   #4
Banned

CJ10's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazygravy
Medlen had a big year for me, winning the Cy Young award and increasing to 98 overall, so I signed him to a 5 year deal. 2 year contracts were given to Heyward, Mac, and Walden. Venters and Simmons to a three year contract. All of the other big names were arbitration eligible so I got everyone back, traded Minor and one of my A potential third base players for two A potential pitchers (Bundy and Tillman from Baltimore, who are having great seasons) and i'm in first place right now!
unfortunately that shows the still flawed trade logic in the game. No way the O's are trading bundy away, especially not for minor and a 3B prospect when they already have machado.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:25 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ10
unfortunately that shows the still flawed trade logic in the game. No way the O's are trading bundy away, especially not for minor and a 3B prospect when they already have machado.
Yeah, I couldn't believe it. I was kind of disappointed they accepted it lol made it too unrealistic. However, Minor is doing pretty good for them so far haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2013, 06:03 PM   #6
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Has anyone even tried to sign fee agents? Every time I try to it always says cant afford the contract. I even let Medlen go with all the money he is asking for and I still can't sign any free agents. Just curious.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:23 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazygravy
Same here....Medlen won 21 games and a Cy Young for me. Heyward hit 39 bombs and Freeman hit 32, they both had monster years. I think I'm going to have let more than McCann go to get by.

Last edited by MattP598; 03-20-2013 at 11:25 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:30 PM   #8
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Has anyone even tried to sign fee agents? Every time I try to it always says cant afford the contract. I even let Medlen go with all the money he is asking for and I still can't sign any free agents. Just curious.
This thread should help you out.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...t-offered.html

Also I'm about to start a Braves franchise just to get a feel for how it goes before starting my real franchise.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »