Home

Franchise withOUT using 30 team control

This is a discussion on Franchise withOUT using 30 team control within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-19-2013, 05:46 PM   #1
Rookie

kirkusOmaximus's Arena

OVR: 1
Franchise withOUT using 30 team control

For years I have played franchise mode controlling all 30 teams. I find this method is very time consuming but produced accurate roster outcomes. Also features like the score ticker would not function properly and the trading block/rumors had no value playing this way. I would like to get back the enjoyment of playing through a few years to develop a team and not spend hours on adjusting teams to have realistic lineups. I am wondering with the new roster/trade logic if the CPU controlled teams produce better transactions and lineups/rotations? I am tired of seeing Rajai Davis batting 4th or Casey Kelly sitting at AA in September, while a bad trade landed the Friars a 3-15 Bartolo Colon. Has anyone tested roster outcomes deep into franchise mode?

Thank you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2013, 07:26 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: Franchise withOUT using 30 team control

People who play with 30-team control need some serious OCD therapy.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:43 PM   #3
Legend

KHarmo88's Arena

OVR: 55

I wouldn't even know where to begin with 30 team control hah
Old 03-19-2013, 07:46 PM   #4
Rookie

guinness22's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkusOmaximus
For years I have played franchise mode controlling all 30 teams. I find this method is very time consuming but produced accurate roster outcomes. Also features like the score ticker would not function properly and the trading block/rumors had no value playing this way. I would like to get back the enjoyment of playing through a few years to develop a team and not spend hours on adjusting teams to have realistic lineups. I am wondering with the new roster/trade logic if the CPU controlled teams produce better transactions and lineups/rotations? I am tired of seeing Rajai Davis batting 4th or Casey Kelly sitting at AA in September, while a bad trade landed the Friars a 3-15 Bartolo Colon. Has anyone tested roster outcomes deep into franchise mode?

Thank you
IIRC, in the past I've played a single team franchise and used a second controller with a 'CPU' profile to start each game (ie. my controller with my profile to control my team and a second controller with a 'CPU' profile to control my 'opponent'), then paused in-game and gave control back to the actual CPU (ie. moved the controller icon back to the 'middle') if that makes sense. I haven't done it in a while as I've come over to the 30-team 'chise darkside...

Obviously that doesn't help with callups/send downs, but it made the actual games more enjoyable to me with something resembling 'proper' lineups, and as you point out then the trade block and other features actually function. I plan to try this method out again once the OSFM rosters drop and I can fire up my 'chise for this year. It appears like sim stats aren't too bad this year perhaps from what I am reading here, or at least there is hope that they will be once rosters are updated and the game gets the inevitable title update.

Maybe this will at least give you some ideas. Like you, I feel a bit like I have to pick my poison, and I just don't have enough time to keep up. I spent more time on admin and rosters last year and less time playing than I'd like (work and kids and all that)...

g22

Last edited by guinness22; 03-19-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:51 PM   #5
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8

I had all intentions of doing a 30-team roster, but I am also trying, trrrrrryyyyying to enjoy the game more (like kirkus said) rather than being obsessive about things that ultimately I shouldnt have control over...

I think I will just control my team this year... I dont have enough time to control every team, I am also gonna try to get deeper into my franchise this year too... The new fast-forward will help me with that mid-season...

30-team control takes a lot of time and it is great to be able to get the most realistic (especially when theres a big trade, this is probably the biggest reason I used to do it...)

Best of luck to everyone doing the 30-team control, but either way you play... Hope all enjoy!
(However, there is still time to change my mind, heheheh)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2013, 09:20 PM   #6
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpete
People who play with 30-team control need some serious OCD therapy.
This is the Show we don't have OCD!

We have CDO, it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order as they should be!

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Link to my YouTube.
Denny 3K Gaming

Old 03-19-2013, 09:27 PM   #7
Rookie

Dienerbird55's Arena

OVR: 2

I use 30 team control to 1) set the opening day injuries to real-life status and 2) to veto realllllly bad trades, you know, the ones where 3 A Prospects go for a 39 year old player with an awful record. I don't worry about lineups and call-ups for the most part.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:31 PM   #8
Rookie

TruBluDodgerFan's Arena

OVR: 2

I've tried controlling 30 teams it becomes tedious, time consuming and it is impossible to have perfect rosters, with that said I will only control one team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »