Home

Auto baserunning??

This is a discussion on Auto baserunning?? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #1
Rookie

ElderlyGamer's Arena

OVR: 0
Auto baserunning??

Does anyone else use this? I hate running the bases. For one I suck at it. For two, it's just no fun to me. And lastly, well I suck at it. Baserunning has been the ruin of every video baseball game I've ever played dating all the way to RBI Baseball so I can't blame my old age. I can control one runner okay'ish. But give me runners on the corners or bases loaded and I'll run em out of a rally everytime. So I greatly enjoy the baseball these days thanks to Auto-Baserunning.

The AI may not run the bases great but they do a damn sire better then me that's fo sure. Anyways, I haven't seen it mentioned much one here so I wondered if anyone else uses it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2013, 03:36 PM   #2
Pro

Scrapps's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Auto baserunning??

I've been using auto baserunning for the last few years. In the past, I had the ability to turn a routine double into a Benny Hill skit. The only things missing, were the old bald guy, and the music.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

I use auto baserunning and auto fielding with me making the throws. For the baserunning, as has been said, it is too easy to run oneself out of an inning and in some situations it just becomes a joke ruining what would be a good game. I do think the AI does a decent job of running the bases for me. I look at it as leaving it to the basecoach and a player that may run through a stop sign. The only thing I do is on occasion increase a baserunner's lead and have them steal or be on the move for a hit and run.

Using autofielding also makes the game play more as it should. Shots down the line, that I would never have a chance of making a play on with my 3b-man, are at least possible with autofielding. I'm simply not quick enough to react and hit the dive button to make the spectacular plays. Hence without autofielding my team is at a distinct disadvantage. Autofielding lets players play to their ratings rather than my reaction or lack of reaction ability.

Too me the game becomes more enjoyable being able to delegate these two things. The options are there for a reason, there is no shame in using them.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:20 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Auto baserunning and fielding all the way for me. I struggle enough hitting without giving away outs on the bases or runs in the field.

However, I love that I can choose when to steal. Does anyone know how to select a specific runner to steal instead of just doing "all steal"?

Thanks!
Old 03-19-2013, 06:51 PM   #5
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by drsonoma
Auto baserunning and fielding all the way for me. I struggle enough hitting without giving away outs on the bases or runs in the field.

However, I love that I can choose when to steal. Does anyone know how to select a specific runner to steal instead of just doing "all steal"?

Thanks!
Yeah you just hold the left stick towards the base runner you would like to steal and press L2 as normal.

I too use auto for fielding and baserunning because like you it's hard enough pitching and hitting without screwing the fielding up!

Now Playing FIFA, UFC 4, PGA Tour 2k23, WWE, MLB The Show and Dirt Rally 2.0
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2013, 07:04 PM   #6
Rookie

philmnn's Arena

OVR: 0

ive used auto baserunning since coming over to the show but I'm considering learning to go manual because sometimes they just make stupid decisions. Yadier Molina tagging up from third on a pop up to shallow left is not exactly the smartest decision.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:54 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
Yeah you just hold the left stick towards the base runner you would like to steal and press L2 as normal.

I too use auto for fielding and baserunning because like you it's hard enough pitching and hitting without screwing the fielding up!
Have you found that using left stick to choose runner with more than one player on base always works?

I also use auto base running and auto fielding. For base running, I left it at Default, as opposed to Classic.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #8
Rookie

guinness22's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody

Yup, auto fielding/manual throwing and auto baserunning for me. And I use 'classic' (I think it`s called, I haven`t had much time with the game this year) baserunning controls so stealing from first for example is holding O and pressing L2 once after the opposing pitcher selects his pitch (the icons turn grey).

g22

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »