Home

Bobhead's 2013 Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on Bobhead's 2013 Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-19-2013, 01:12 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 24
Bobhead's 2013 Simulation Sliders - Version 2.0

Post Last Updated: 06/09/2013 -- 2:00 PM (Now Final)

For the past month I've been working on a newer version of my sliders that addresses a few more issues, namely hits down the line, and excessive pop ups. Both sets are listed below, in case you don't want to change your sliders and ever need to refer to the ones that were already posted. Both sets use the same difficulty levels (HoF hitting, All-Star pitching), and core gameplay options.

** These sliders are designed for Zone batting, on Hall of Fame difficulty; and Pure Analog Pitching, on All-Star difficulty
You can use them for other control schemes and difficulties, but adjustments may need to be made. Feel free to post with your preferred controls and difficulty, and I can make recommendations.

Gameplay Options
Spoiler

Version 2.0 sliders (Last updated 6/9)
Spoiler

Original Sliders (Last updated 4/25)
Spoiler

---
Stats and Evidence
---
Spoiler

---
Overview
---
Spoiler

Last edited by Bobhead; 06-09-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2013, 06:55 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Bobhead's 2013 Simulation Sliders

Timing 3 Pitch Speed 8. On HOF. You must be pretty good.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:59 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
Timing 3 Pitch Speed 8. On HOF. You must be pretty good.
Nah lol with Pitch Speed every year I start at 10 and work my way down until I get to a speed where I don't die. It's at 8 now but I'm still a little uncomfortable so I will probably stick with 7. Only reason it took so long is because I've been playing a lot of RTTS lately, and pitch speeds are pretty slow in the minors.

I'm working on cleaning this up and up******. I'm also going to post sliders for All-Star/All-Star.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:49 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 18

Looking forward to it. I like the look of the game and the new additions are great but I am experiencing some problems with the way the game is running for me. I see Solid Hits are up unlike the past couple of years for most of the slider sets. Did they really make the hitting easier? I have been playing the past 5 editions on default speed All Star type settings but this supposedly easier game has been a bitch on the timing. Some of these guys have close to a 20 mph differential between their FB and their junk.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:15 AM   #5
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

SCEA has done some behind the scenes gameplay tuning. I think you will only see it if you play online as in an online league etc. I had it all at default AS and the PCI was huge after the tuning and i had to move it all the way down to 0 contact and now the PCI is smaller. I tried contact at 3 but the PCI was still the same size. It plays pretty good now at default other than pitch speed still needs to be a 7 or 8 but all areas have been cleaned up considerably. The fielders arm are much improved. I think outfielder speed at 0 or 1 works now.

Just wanted to pass the info on to you bobhead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2013, 10:49 PM   #6
Pro

A fully comprehensive post, and version 1.0 of the sliders have been edited in.

The only thing I have left to go over is CPU offense. I have to make sure hits and strikeouts are where they should be, since I haven't had much time to test the CPU Timing where it is, yet.

Once I double check stats for CPU offense, the sliders will be pretty much finalized. Everything else is already checking out well.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:12 PM   #7
Rookie

Icon14 Re: Bobhead's 2013 Simulation Sliders

First I have to say after playing only a few games with these sliders, these are terrific! I love how the CPU pitching is unpredictable and if you are not on your toes you will be going into the 7th inning and realize that you have no runs with only 2 hits! When using other people's sliders I felt like hitting was a little too easy and I was stacking up too many hits. Although I know tht teams DO have great outings in the MLB and not every game is a pitchers duel , I felt like having 9 and 10 hit outings against #1s like king Felix , Matt Cain, and weaver took away from the realism that I so desperately desire.

On a side note with computer solid hits at 5, I felt tht the computer was smashing every ball I threw but I guess professional baseball players are trained to smoke pitches they see at the same speed tht catch too much of the plate so I will continue to try to get better at pitching. I look forward to any adjustments you make with these sliders and thanks again!

Last edited by fparks; 03-23-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:07 AM   #8
Rookie

How u think these sliders would work with analog w/o zone hitting?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »