Home

I've hit (or not hit) the wall already.

This is a discussion on I've hit (or not hit) the wall already. within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-18-2013, 05:35 PM   #1
Banned

tofubrain2's Arena

OVR: 10
I've hit (or not hit) the wall already.

Well I've hit the hitting slump. I can't seem to focus on anything, my discipline has left the building. I'm trying to push through it, but in doing so it's frustrating me to no end. I've been as patient as I can, it just seems the corners of the strike zone are a mile wide.

What have you guys done to push past these? I can't seem to track a ball out of the pitchers hand or make good contact. I've hit the cages... where my slump continues! ARGH!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2013, 05:39 PM   #2
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: I've hit (or not hit) the wall already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubrain2
Well I've hit the hitting slump. I can't seem to focus on anything, my discipline has left the building. I'm trying to push through it, but in doing so it's frustrating me to no end. I've been as patient as I can, it just seems the corners of the strike zone are a mile wide.

What have you guys done to push past these? I can't seem to track a ball out of the pitchers hand or make good contact. I've hit the cages... where my slump continues! ARGH!
It may be hard to believe but stepping away from the game for a little while tends to help me and I am able to regain my focus. Also, changing the batting camera helps to regain my focus again as well since it is new to my eyes.

Good luck!!
Old 03-18-2013, 05:43 PM   #3
Rookie

happymadison's Arena

OVR: 4

Ever since they messed with the guess pitch i have struck out or popped out more than i ever have and my hitting slump is becoming legendary too, ii also have no discipline and have you noticed how many pitche's that are thrown very low? it is insane but i'm pushing through it too.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #4
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

Thing that has really gotten me this year is working hard fighting off tough pitches to have a good at bat just to chase a curve or change at my ankles.

Also seems this year that every time I make contact it's like my guy is going for a HR, and winds up with a deep fly out.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Link to my YouTube.
Denny 3K Gaming

Old 03-18-2013, 05:56 PM   #5
Rookie

philmnn's Arena

OVR: 0

What actually helped me was playing a full game without skipping any presentation and telling myself to try to make it as realistic as possible (taking a lot of pitches) It took almost 2 hours but it was worth it. I went from literally swinging at 90% of pitches to drawing walks.

I also dropped the CPU strike zone tendency to the second lowest tick.

Sometimes just taking the first pitch every at bat helps me concentrate
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2013, 06:15 PM   #6
Rookie

I feel your pain. There are days where it seems the strikezone is bigger then the ocean.Those are days where you play little as you can lol. Come back in a few hours and then for some reason it seems to be a different game
Old 03-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #7
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
Keep at it mate I'm sure it'll come back to you.

It's always tough to get batting right with a new game. I've had mini-slumps and good spells already.

Don't press too much at the plate either, I know it's difficult when you're hitting badly but get on base however you can and good things will happen!

Now Playing FIFA, UFC 4, PGA Tour 2k23, WWE, MLB The Show and Dirt Rally 2.0
Old 03-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #8
Rookie

It's difficult, but you really have to be more selective.

First pitch...take it. If it was a strike...be prepared to swing at the second pitch...but, you can afford to take that one too.

If you get to a 2-0 count. Feel free to take a mighty swing; if you miss, no big deal. If you hit it...you might just hit it well.

If you get to two strikes, you have to widen your hitting zone and be prepared to swing at anything near the zone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »