Home

Best Team Ever

This is a discussion on Best Team Ever within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-17-2013, 11:26 PM   #1
MVP

VandyRedskins21's Arena

OVR: 18
Best Team Ever

It's been awhile since we've had a discussion about College Hoops on here so I thought I'd start one. I feel like this one makes sense since it is time for March Madness.

Who was the best team you ever coached? And have you possibly coached one of the best teams on College Hoops EVER? It's your time to brag!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2013, 03:29 PM   #2
Rookie

goroyals's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Best Team Ever

Not the best team ever, just the best I've coached but here are my 08-09 Kentucky Wildcats starters (ratings approximate):

PG Derrick Jasper- Jr.- (81)- The weak link of the starting lineup for sure, but a decent ballhandler and good defender. Can occasionally cut to the hoop and finish, but a terrible shooter. Pro Outlook: D-League

SG Jodie Meeks- Jr.- (87)- Scoring machine. Drive or jumper. Somewhat inconsistent and not enough size to hang inside at all. Has gone for 35+ several times. Pro Outlook: Mid to Late 1st.

SF DeMar DeRozan- Fr.- (83)- Nasty 3 man in college. Throws it down hard, with a decent jumpshot. Prone to defensive lapses and long stretches of virtual invisibility. Will get better if he stays. Pro Outlook: Mid to Late 1st this year, Lottery if he stays.

PF Patrick Patterson- So.- (91)- As good as advertised. Almost certainly gone. Pro Outlook: Top 10 Pick

C Byron Mullens- Fr.- (76)- Size makes up for lack of complete game. Needs to stay another year or two to hone technical skills and beef up. Good shooter but consistently beaten on the boards by smaller, yet tougher, opponents. Pro Outlook: Euro if he went now, but in time, could be a first rounder.

This team is very inconsistent. I'm something like 24-7 (11-4), with results ranging from a 51-35 road W to a 103-89 home L. I seriously doubt I can win 6 in a row with this squad, but the talent is there. Arizona is probably the best team on paper right now, I will try to post them when I get the chance. Also, Duke is going to be ungodly next season. #10 right now, with most players returning plus John Wall, Derrick Favors, and a 5 star SG coming to town in 2009-10.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:37 AM   #3
Rookie

jcofor25's Arena

OVR: 8

My 2 Siena teams.
The 1st one was led by Gil Corner. A 4 star sf that had tremendous heart and could deliver a clutch basket at any time. Next was Wes McFadgon C and Vincent Len Bullicer SG. Wes was a great rebounder and Vince would be in discussion for best shooter in the country.
Then came DeWitt Warner. He was THE best PG out his class and only 3rd ovr.
Last but not least was Mel Augustin. This PF had a game like Ryan Anderson; good shooter, ok rebounder.
I recruited those kids in that order. Every year we got farther in the tourney but didn't win until this line up was built. Felt like a big accomplishment bringing home the MAAC's first Final Four trip and Championship. Record 30-1 (+-1)
The craziest thing, the next year without Gil we go 36-0. O_o
---->PURE Post Scorer Highlights<-----
Old 03-22-2013, 12:28 PM   #4
Banned

GatorChomp2345's Arena

OVR: 7

May be to early to say, but the UNC team I took over after Williams retired has no starter under an 85 ovr. 4 players project to be chosen in the 1st round with 3 of those jockeying for the top overall. Right now we are 13-0, averaging 92.6 ppg and allowing only 54.3 ppg. Even 3 of our backups are either dark horses or second round projections.

This could be the year I get out of the second round!
Old 03-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorChomp2345
May be to early to say, but the UNC team I took over after Williams retired has no starter under an 85 ovr. 4 players project to be chosen in the 1st round with 3 of those jockeying for the top overall. Right now we are 13-0, averaging 92.6 ppg and allowing only 54.3 ppg. Even 3 of our backups are either dark horses or second round projections.

This could be the year I get out of the second round!
With that talent, this BETTER be the year you get out the 1st rd!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2013, 08:10 PM   #6
Banned

GatorChomp2345's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by acolbert
With that talent, this BETTER be the year you get out the 1st rd!
Lol tell me about it. 3 straight years at Air Force with 4, 3 and 2 seeds and not being able to win more than one game a tourney was pretty aggravating.

Involving my current team at North Carolina, were now 27-0 going into senior night against Duke. Draft projections are the same as before. Had three real tests this season, vs. Michigan State, @ Syracuse, and @ Duke. Other than that the season has been a cake walk. (side note: at 27-0 with some impressive wins, we are ranked #2 behind the 27-1 UCONN Huskies)
Old 03-24-2013, 03:11 AM   #7
Rookie

jcofor25's Arena

OVR: 8

Aaahhh. :'-(
That happy-sad feeling when you finally win it all after years of recruiting, coaching, and training.
---->PURE Post Scorer Highlights<-----
Old 03-25-2013, 08:23 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

The second time I won back-to-back NCAA championships with Wisconsin

First year my whole team were juniors and we were 95 overall. Only lost one player to the draft, had a 98 overall team and lost 2 games the entire year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »