Home

I need help using the Spurs

This is a discussion on I need help using the Spurs within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #1
Rookie

NFLfan80's Arena

OVR: 2
I need help using the Spurs

I have the hardest time hitting jump shots with Green and Splitter can't even hit a shot no matter how close he is. It seems like I struggle shooting with this whole team minus their big 3. Any good tips? I'm doing a season and it's been a major struggle. I don't know if it's due to the ongoing fatigue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2013, 08:51 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: I need help using the Spurs

The spurs have a lot of different and difficult shot releases on the team. It's not like the Knicks, heat,lakers where everyone has easy quick releases.

Danny Green has to have one of the hardest shots in the game, feels like u have to hold the release for an eternity, try and only shoot from his hot zones. I used to struggle a lot with green, but once I got his shot down I find him one of the most rewarding players to stroke 3's with.

As for Splitter you really shouldn't be shooting jump shots with him, just take it to the hole or post up.

The spurs player I struggle with the most is S. Jackson,can never hit shots with him.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:56 PM   #3
Rookie

NFLfan80's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driving Dunk Shot
The spurs have a lot of different and difficult shot releases on the team. It's not like the Knicks, heat,lakers where everyone has easy quick releases.

Danny Green has to have one of the hardest shots in the game, feels like u have to hold the release for an eternity, try and only shoot from his hot zones. I used to struggle a lot with green, but once I got his shot down I find him one of the most rewarding players to stroke 3's with.

As for Splitter you really shouldn't be shooting jump shots with him, just take it to the hole or post up.

The spurs player I struggle with the most is S. Jackson,can never hit shots with him.
See Jackson I feel ok with. But with Splitter I post and he's 2 feet away and misses almost everything. Hooks, layups. Any tips for Leonard? He's one of my favorite players in real life and I'm streaky with him in this game.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:19 PM   #4
Pro

I know what you mean about splitter, he does miss an awfull lot around the rim, probably because they based him off his play last season and not how he is this year, Nba most improved?
My advice with splitter would be just to dump it off to Timmy,lol.
As for Kawai he's my favourite player in the nba today. I find he is very streaky with his jump shots in this game, so if he starts missing 1 or 2 in a row, just take it inside instead. His step-back shot works well too. Again like D.Green try to only take shots from his hot spots.

Also With Greens shot release he has a small hitch in it, sort of a double clutch. You have to wait for that second phase of his shot.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #5
Pro

MaskedPhenom's Arena

OVR: 8

Play Gary Neal instead of Green lol. Neal hardly ever misses a 3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2013, 09:35 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedPhenom
Play Gary Neal instead of Green lol. Neal hardly ever misses a 3.
Neal is good for a spark off the bench but I wouldn't trust him on defence for a whole game. Green is a great defender and comes up with a lot of steals and fast break points.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:50 PM   #7
Rookie

NFLfan80's Arena

Thanks for the tips. I'll be sure to try them out. Here's to Splitter hopefully getting an update lol.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:19 PM   #8
Pro

They did update Splitter a little while back. But he is still inconsistent for some one that is top 5 in FG%.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »