Home

Body Checking Sucks in This Game

This is a discussion on Body Checking Sucks in This Game within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-16-2013, 04:13 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Body Checking Sucks in This Game

how come multiple times in eashl games, do i get screwed for hitting a guy with my 90 strength and 92 body checking? i hit them and i get knocked outta position and they get keep the puck and get clear shots on net? im a 6'5" defensive defensman by the way
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2013, 08:01 PM   #2
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Body Checking Sucks in This Game

What I've noticed is that hitting seems more effective head on with speed. It's not like previous years where it triggered the animation that knocked players flat automatically. You also have to consider what your opponents attributes might be.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:24 PM   #3
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

The game NEEDS more advanced collision detection. I hate to say it, because they've done it for a few years now, but they also really need to improve the physics engine.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:05 PM   #4
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

Some guys body check me for all kind of angles. I've never got the hang of it so Ive settled for playing on the wing and using R3.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:35 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
What I've noticed is that hitting seems more effective head on with speed. It's not like previous years where it triggered the animation that knocked players flat automatically. You also have to consider what your opponents attributes might be.
Hit the nail on the head with the speed comment. Moreover, your attributes, your opponents attributes, and weight of the player all play a factor in the outcome of a collision in nhl 12.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2013, 04:07 PM   #6
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

IMO putting attributes in checking is a waste..

i hammer people with my 6'2 205 sniper or playmaker builds with default checking (65). i leave out the points on purpose. i also dont put points in strength either..

when i add the points to the checking i cant hit worth a crap.

the game makes zero sense attribute wise.

been saying this for past two years, they need to do away with letting us put the points where we want. just give us pre determined player builds for each player type. instead of earning plus 5's, those would be done away with, let us earn the plus 3's and 1's. that way players are on more of a level playing field like when the game comes out each year. bc to me, thats when the game plays the best. those first 2 weeks are the most fun, IMO.

give us options on pre determined builds though.. like an offensive/balanced/defensive option for each player type.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14
X
https://x.com/Fiddy14_

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 03-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #7
Rookie

CaptainSuperman's Arena

OVR: 0

For me it's not the big hits that are messed up, but the small ones which knock me off the puck. Like when I'm in the zone and I do a D to D pass, and their forward comes up and barely hits one of my bigger D men and down the ice he goes on a breakaway.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
IMO putting attributes in checking is a waste..

i hammer people with my 6'2 205 sniper or playmaker builds with default checking (65). i leave out the points on purpose. i also dont put points in strength either..

when i add the points to the checking i cant hit worth a crap.

the game makes zero sense attribute wise.

been saying this for past two years, they need to do away with letting us put the points where we want. just give us pre determined player builds for each player type. instead of earning plus 5's, those would be done away with, let us earn the plus 3's and 1's. that way players are on more of a level playing field like when the game comes out each year. bc to me, thats when the game plays the best. those first 2 weeks are the most fun, IMO.

give us options on pre determined builds though.. like an offensive/balanced/defensive option for each player type.
I agree for the predetermined builds and there's clearly a problem with the attributes in this game!

Last edited by hydroshubong; 03-18-2013 at 06:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »