Home

Question for The Show owners

This is a discussion on Question for The Show owners within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-15-2013, 03:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Question for The Show owners

As someone who loves The Show... Am I the only one who feels something like competitiveness with other games, even from other sports?

I hate to admit it, but somewhere deep down, no not that deep down, I am actually glad to see 2K Baseball on its apparent last legs.
as in "yay! We Won!"
even tho I have no reason to resent the other game.
And I resent when Madden or NBA2K comes along and takes away the attention of OS from "our" game. and if anyone comes along a new game next year, I'll be rooting against them too.
I feel like there's an "Us against The World" thing going on.
Am I nuts? Do I need therapy? Anybody else feel this way?

BTW, I'm not asking for a flame war. This is totally an introspective question.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2013, 03:37 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Question for The Show owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo614
I hate to admit it, but somewhere deep down, no not that deep down, I am actually glad to see 2K Baseball on its apparent last legs.
as in "yay! We Won!"
I'm not. Competition is good. We see how the lack of competition has hurt the Football genre. Having "The Show" around should make the 2k game makers want to improve on their product and having the 2k game still around means "The Show" people can not be complacent.

The 2k Baseball is actually a fun game. I was playing their version first because I owned an XBox before I started playing "The Show". But after viewing what appeared to be some impressive "The Show" YouTube videos, I took a risk bought a PS3 and the rest is history. As fun as 2k can be, we all know "The Show" is a lot better.

Last edited by My993C2; 03-15-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:54 PM   #3
Rookie

Levesque7's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
I'm not. Competition is good. We see how the lack of competition has hurt the Football genre. Having "The Show" around should make the 2k game makers want to improve on their product and having the 2k game still around means "The Show" people can not be complacent.

The 2k Baseball is actually a fun game. I was playing their version first because I owned an XBox before I started playing "The Show". But after viewing what appeared to be some impressive "The Show" YouTube videos, I took a risk bought a PS3 and the rest is history. As fun a 2k can be, we all know "The Show" is a lot better.
I agree with everything except for when you said 2k is fun. I only had a XBOX 360 up until 08. The only reason I bought a PS3 was to get the show. I have bought every year of the Show since 08.

I have a tight rotation of games, MLB the Show, NHL, FIFA, and Tiger Woods. With MLB and NHL getting most of my play time. I really don't even buy any other games.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:24 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levesque7
I agree with everything except for when you said 2k is fun.
After playing "The Show" it is hard to go back to 2k. But if all you ever knew was 2k and you liked baseball console games, then yes you can have fun with 2k.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:49 PM   #5
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

I agree with the competition being good, the only problem is they aren't really in competition with each other like most other games are.

What I mean is since the Show is only available on PS-systems its not exactly battling 2K for buyers. And yes you would think this would make 2K want to step it up and try to compete for PS3 buyers but it seems they're complacent to just rest on the 360 buyers.

This makes me sad for two reasons. The first being I feel bad for people who like baseball but only have a 360 for whatever reason, and two because as great a basketball game that they can/do put out every year, they should be able to put out a product that can rival that. But to me just look at the videos of their games for the past couple years and since 2K8 their graphics have made it impossible for me to get into their games.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Link to my YouTube.
Denny 3K Gaming

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2013, 04:56 PM   #6
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

I really dont see 2K as any sort of competition even now or ever in the past.
This Franchise, IMO has only ever had one true competition and that was MVP.
Once MVP dipped and MLB became The Show, I dont think they have ever really had any true competitors. The only caveat to that, was for Xbox owners, but even many of them crossed over for The Show.
SCEA has built themselves quite an empire with MLBTS and I dont see it falling anytime soon. I also dont see SCEA holding back on development if/when 2K falls. Theyve come too far to turn back now.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:05 PM   #7
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
I really dont see 2K as any sort of competition even now or ever in the past.
This Franchise, IMO has only ever had one true competition and that was MVP.
Once MVP dipped and MLB became The Show, I dont think they have ever really had any true competitors. The only caveat to that, was for Xbox owners, but even many of them crossed over for The Show.
SCEA has built themselves quite an empire with MLBTS and I dont see it falling anytime soon. I also dont see SCEA holding back on development if/when 2K falls. Theyve come too far to turn back now.

This is so true they were no competition for MVP and now not for the Show either.

Now MVP vs. The Show now that could become some baseball heaven for all of us. (of course after MVP got a year or two in on the new systems)

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Link to my YouTube.
Denny 3K Gaming

Old 03-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
The only caveat to that, was for Xbox owners, but even many of them crossed over for The Show.
I am one of those cross over converts, so it's a hard point to argue. LOL

PS: I wasn't even that big of a baseball fan when I played the 2k game, but "The Show" is one of if not the best sports games. They have made me into a fan.

Last edited by My993C2; 03-15-2013 at 05:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »