Home

This game needs onscreen stats..BAD!!!

This is a discussion on This game needs onscreen stats..BAD!!! within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-15-2013, 01:33 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
This game needs onscreen stats..BAD!!!

How come this franchise has never had on screen stats? When your batting it's very easy to forget who's at bat, where they're re in the lineup, if they're hot or cold, who's on deck, ect....hitting pause and digging through screens is too much of pain. The game would be so much engaging if this information was on screen during gameplay...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #2
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
How come this franchise has never had on screen stats? When your batting it's very easy to forget who's at bat, where they're re in the lineup, if they're hot or cold, who's on deck, ect....hitting pause and digging through screens is too much of pain. The game would be so much engaging if this information was on screen during gameplay...
Uh...they just gave us the option to clean the screen after feedback from the community!

Know your team!
Old 03-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: This game needs onscreen stats..BAD!!!

Quote:
Correct me if I am wrong but if you hit select doesnt it give you the batter and pitchers stats?
Old 03-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #4
Banned

Jattbreed's Arena

OVR: 1

Yep, it does.

Ah jeez, out of all the things to whine about this is hardly note worthy.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jattbreed
Yep, it does.

Ah jeez, out of all the things to whine about this is hardly note worthy.
Yeah, not really whining...it just would be nice if we at least had the option of some on screen stats. It seems odd to me that people would rather look at empty screen space rather than have some info that would be useful. Baseball being a stat driven game I find it hard to believe that people would rather look at the lines in the batters box as to opposed to some useful information (like stats in the lower right and left corners of the screen).That makes no sense to me. And hitting pause is an extreme annoyance when playing online so that's not really a practical option. For me it would make the experience much more engaging.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2013, 04:31 PM   #6
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

The thing I've always missed on the show is something I really loved way back on the PS1 baseball games.

Roll call!! What I mean is at the beginning of the game when they show you the lineup go down it and call out the players names. Instead of just and here's how the Dodgers will lineup today. Not complaining or anything just saying you already have the names programmed in so why not implement this?

P.S. I think it was Gameday on the PS1 I'm thinking about, which ever one it was with Chipper on the cover.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

Old 03-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #7
Pro

ralphieboy11's Arena

OVR: 4

When watching a real broadcast the stats of the batter are usually displayed before he bats, just like it is done in this game. The screen is not littered with a bunch of information. You just see the scorebug. I guess I don't understand the problem.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #8
Rookie

MWit28725's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Yeah, not really whining...it just would be nice if we at least had the option of some on screen stats. It seems odd to me that people would rather look at empty screen space rather than have some info that would be useful. Baseball being a stat driven game I find it hard to believe that people would rather look at the lines in the batters box as to opposed to some useful information (like stats in the lower right and left corners of the screen).That makes no sense to me. And hitting pause is an extreme annoyance when playing online so that's not really a practical option. For me it would make the experience much more engaging.
Personally, I think it's much more engaging with just the scorebug in the corner. It simulates a TV broadcast even better IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »