Home

Contact Swing Home Runs

This is a discussion on Contact Swing Home Runs within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-15-2013, 01:08 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Contact Swing Home Runs

Just curious if anybody is seeing less home runs with the contact swing this year vs. years past.

In the past I would usually connect for a home run on a contact swing once in a while, but I haven't hit one in 30+ games yet this year. I like to use the contact swing quite a bit on two strike counts (except 3-2), but I've been thinking about using the normal swing more in those counts - I'm just not sure if I'm on an unlucky streak or if others are seeing this as well.

I'm using timing hitting on all-star...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2013, 01:35 AM   #2
Zero Finger Movement

CRIP4LIFE's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Contact Swing Home Runs

i use timing, all-star... i've seen contact swing HR's.about at the same rate i saw in previous versions.
NCAA - CLEMSON
Old 03-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

Using the All-Star setting, I've hit 84 HR's in my first year in Triple A, I use nothing but the x button to swing. Very rarely will I use the power swing button unless I see the ball coming right down the middle of the plate. This is using the zone setting and I use the pci as well.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:49 PM   #4
MVP

kmoser's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjhamstar
Using the All-Star setting, I've hit 84 HR's in my first year in Triple A, I use nothing but the x button to swing. Very rarely will I use the power swing button unless I see the ball coming right down the middle of the plate. This is using the zone setting and I use the pci as well.
Whoa hold up, 84 home runs in one year? What difficulty do you have it on?

I play on all star and haven't gotten a contact swing home run yet.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #5
Just started!

OVR: 0

I hit one with Pujols a few games ago. Only have played 7 games or so this year, so its probably about the same frequency as years past.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2013, 07:03 PM   #6
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvnm77
Just curious if anybody is seeing less home runs with the contact swing this year vs. years past.

In the past I would usually connect for a home run on a contact swing once in a while, but I haven't hit one in 30+ games yet this year. I like to use the contact swing quite a bit on two strike counts (except 3-2), but I've been thinking about using the normal swing more in those counts - I'm just not sure if I'm on an unlucky streak or if others are seeing this as well.

I'm using timing hitting on all-star...
I have not hit any HRs but I have had plenty of hard hits, few doubles off the wall. So I can see it happening.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:03 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoser
Whoa hold up, 84 home runs in one year? What difficulty do you have it on?

I play on all star and haven't gotten a contact swing home run yet.
Yes 84 lol. I'm playing on All-Star with default sliders and I use the zone setting. My player is rated 99 overall right now. Think my contact ratings are both at 91 and power ratings are at 94. The only button I use to swing is x mostly, same as I've done in previous years. I very rarely use the square button and never have problems hitting home runs using the x button.

Last edited by tjhamstar; 03-16-2013 at 07:04 PM. Reason: add content
Old 03-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #8
Rookie

Maybe I'm confused, is contact swing considered primarily the circle button? I don't think I've ever touched the circle button to hit..

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »