Home

Painting The Town Blue (MLB 13: The Show)

This is a discussion on Painting The Town Blue (MLB 13: The Show) within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #1
Rookie

skeletore2002's Arena

OVR: 5
Painting The Town Blue (MLB 13: The Show)

With the AL East wide open for the first time in decades, it was time for the Toronto Blue Jays to make their move. With the Yankees and Red Sox fielding teams that are arguably much below their usual talent level, GM Alex Anthopoulos decided to go for it in 2013. Over the winter, the team added marquee talent like Jose Reyes, Josh Johnson, Mark Buehrle, Melky Cabrera, and R.A. Dickey. With Jose Bautista returning from injury, and the emergence of Edwin Encarnacion, the 2013 Blue Jays could be fielding their best team since 1993.

But the team knows the Red Sox and Yankees will still be strong this year, and the Orioles and Rays are legitimate contenders as well. While the Blue Jays may have won the headlines over the winter, that does not guarantee success on the field. With the failures of recent teams like the Red Sox, Marlins, and Angels, the Blue Jays will take nothing for granted.

Notes: I will be playing all 162 games, using the OSFM rosters. I will post some previews as we lead up to the release of the rosters.

Last edited by skeletore2002; 03-11-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2013, 12:17 AM   #2
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Painting The Town Blue (MLB 13: The Show)

As a Blue Jays fan, I'll definitely be following. Good luck!!
Old 03-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #3
Rookie

skeletore2002's Arena

Dickey To Start Opening Day

Toronto (AP)- 2012 NL Cy Young Winner R.A. Dickey will be given the ball on Opening Day against the Cleveland Indians, Blue Jays manager John Gibbons announced prior to today's spring training game against the Red Sox. The knuckleballer, obtained in the offseason from the New York Mets, will oppose Indians right-hander Justin Masterson.

"We just felt that with the season he pitched last year, he deserves to get the call," Gibbons told reporters. "He's really emerged as one of the best pitchers in the game these last few seasons, and he deserves this opportunity."

Dickey leads a revamped Blue Jays rotation this season, which also features newcomers Mark Buehrle and Josh Johnson, both obtained in the famous trade with the Miami Marlins over the winter. While Gibbons declined to go further on his plans for the rotation, it is expected that Johnson will pitch the 2nd game and Buehrle the series finale.

Dickey, who is away at the World Baseball Classic, could not be reached for comment.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:37 AM   #4
Rookie

skeletore2002's Arena

Blue Jays Weekly

Today on Blue Jays Weekly, host Pat Hentgen is joined by Blue Jays outfielder Melky Cabrera.

Hentgen: Melky, thanks for taking the time to talk to us.

Cabrera: You’re welcome, Pat.

Hentgen: Melky, first of all, how are you liking it here in Blue Jays camp?

Cabrera: It’s great, man. I remember Toronto having some good players when I was playing with the Yankees, but it’s different now. This team is capable of going all the way.

Hentgen: You won a World Series with the Giants, but weren’t on the roster for the playoffs. Does that motivate you to get back to the playoffs and contribute to a championship here?

Cabrera: Absolutely. Last year had a lot of ups and downs for me, for sure. But I’m here now, and delighted that the Blue Jays are giving me this chance. I definitely want to help this team get to the playoffs. And like I said, we definitely have the talent to do that.

Hentgen: I have to ask this question. You have a lot of doubters after violating baseball’s substance program. They say that you won’t be able to put up numbers like that without help. Do you have anything to say to those people?

Cabrera: I am just here to help this team win. I made a stupid mistake last year, and I’m grateful to Toronto for giving me a chance to prove that I’m a good player. I’m going to give everything I have to this team, and I am confident in my abilities. I just hope everyone will give me a chance to prove myself.

Hentgen: Melky, thanks for stopping by, and good luck this season.

Cabrera: Thanks, Pat.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #5
Rookie

skeletore2002's Arena

Blue Jays Fire GM After Racist Comments

Toronto (AP)- The Toronto Blue Jays have fired general manager Alex Anthopoulos, effective immediately, the team announced on its website. Anthopoulos made waves yesterday in an interview with ESPN, in which he suggested that Latino baseball players were inherently lazy.

When asked to talk about his team’s chances this season in an interview with ESPN’s Buster Olney, Anthopoulos responded: “We have a great team this year. Typically when you see a team with a lot of Latino players, they tend to play lazy. I don’t know if it’s their culture, or their coaching, but they don’t hustle as much as some other players in the league. I mean, look at Manny Ramirez. That guy was as talented as anyone else in the league, but he never put in the effort. But we went the right way with guys like Reyes, Bautista and Melky. Those guys work hard everyday, and that’s the type of player we want.”

The Blue Jays weren’t prepared to comment yesterday, but announced the firing of Anthopoulos this morning, along with the following quote: “Alex Anthopoulos made some great moves in his time here. But his comments were unfounded and inappropriate. His opinions do not reflect those of our organization. After discussing the issue, we have come to the conclusion that it would be better for everyone involved if we move in an opposite direction. The Blue Jays have the highest level of respect for Latino players, and players of all cultures and backgrounds. We are an equal-opportunity employer, and we welcome all players and fans.”

The Blue Jays also announced that the process to replace Anthopoulos had already begun, and a successor would be named imminently.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2013, 11:04 AM   #6
Rookie

skeletore2002's Arena

Blue Jays president Paul Beeston was not in a good mood. With Opening Day around the corner, the Blue Jays were making headlines for all the wrong reasons, as former general manager Alex Anthopoulos was immediately dismissed following racist remarks to the media during an interview with ESPN's Buster Olney. Beeston knew that the Jays were currently an embarrassment, and he needed to do something that would bring the fans back on board. With that in mind, he had gone through a list of names from his staff as potential replacements for Anthopoulos, settling on a few candidates that were former stars for the team. Following interviews with Pat Borders, Devon White, and Kelly Gruber, Beeston made the decision to go with a Toronto hero. Sitting in his office, the two men signed the contract and talked about the upcoming season.

Beeston: Joe, the fans here love you. You had the biggest moment anyone has had in a Blue Jays jersey, and you are exactly the right person to bring excitement back to the franchise.

New Blue Jays GM Joe Carter:
Thanks, Paul. You know I love this organization and the city of Toronto. I promise you that I’m the right man for the job.

Beeston: I know you are, Joe. Just remember, even after that incident with Alex, we still have high expectations for the team this year. We have some great players, and probably have the best Jays team since you hit that home run.

Carter: No doubt. These guys should be competing for the division. I know that there are a lot of expectations this year, and that failure is not an option. I’m just glad that we are going for it, because these fans deserve a winner.

Beeston: This organization needs it, Joe. You have our backing, both financial and emotional. If we are playing where we should be in July, you will have our permission to go after guys you think can improve this team. We can’t spend like the Dodgers or Yankees, but we have money available for the right guy.

Carter: Well this team looks pretty damn good as is. But you never know what can happen with injuries, etc. I’m always going to be on the lookout to improve this team, whether it’s through trades, call-ups, or free agent signings.

Beeston: Joe, welcome to Toronto. Let’s go meet the media. Good luck, and if you ever need me, you know where to find me.

Carter: Thanks, boss.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:06 PM   #7
Rookie

TexanFan92's Arena

OVR: 10

Intresting so far seems realistic
Old 04-06-2013, 12:30 PM   #8
Rookie

skeletore2002's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan92
Intresting so far seems realistic
Thank you. I plan to make this as realistic as I can, though I do want to do things my way. I won't be making the moves the Jays do in real life after opening day, but any moves I do make will have realism very much in mind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »