Home

Trade Logic?

This is a discussion on Trade Logic? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Trade Logic?

I have been enjoying my RTTS so far now in my third season. However, I noticed one trade that just happened 81 games into the season with my Cubs team. Edwin Jackson(81), Tony Campana (78) and John Kimbrough (68 rated AA pitcher potential A) to the Blue Jays for Jose Baustista (93) and Brett Cecil (80).

Now, it should be noted that my Cubs are dead last in the division and the Blue Jays are second in their division with Bautista who is age 34 having a good year so far batting .339 with 20 HRs and 57 RBIs. Is this a realistic trade? I know I haven't followed baseball closely in the past years but I just can't imagine the Blue Jays trading Bautista in the middle of their season for these players. It kind of left a bad taste in my mouth seeing this trade but I may be able to stomach it since I haven't really noticed any other questionable trades so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Trade Logic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
I have been enjoying my RTTS so far now in my third season. However, I noticed one trade that just happened 81 games into the season with my Cubs team. Edwin Jackson(81), Tony Campana (78) and John Kimbrough (68 rated AA pitcher potential A) to the Blue Jays for Jose Baustista (93) and Brett Cecil (80).

Now, it should be noted that my Cubs are dead last in the division and the Blue Jays are second in their division with Bautista who is age 34 having a good year so far batting .339 with 20 HRs and 57 RBIs. Is this a realistic trade? I know I haven't followed baseball closely in the past years but I just can't imagine the Blue Jays trading Bautista in the middle of their season for these players. It kind of left a bad taste in my mouth seeing this trade but I may be able to stomach it since I haven't really noticed any other questionable trades so far.
Totally unrealistic.

Jackson is a good-but-not-great middle of the rotation guy who has maxed out his potential and Campana is a reserve on a good team/marginal starter on a bad team at best. The added 'A' potential pitcher may be worth it, but certainly not to a team in contention giving up one of the game's premiere power hitters.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #3
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

I would imagine that the logic in the game does not take in account of how a team is doing during the year. I'm going to guess and say that it pretty much looks at expiring contracts more than anything else and a players age. There are still some head scratchers this year but it is much improved of the past versions of the show.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I noticed yesterday that the last-place Twins made a move in early June to acquire Roy Halladay. They gave up two middling prospects in return. It didn't seem very logical from either perspective: if you're the Twins, why would you want to give up on youngsters and pay Halladay just to wallow in last-place? And if you're the Phillies, couldn't you have gotten more than a couple 'B' potential relievers?
Old 03-11-2013, 01:32 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

As much as I love the game in general, the trade logic in the game continues to be something that really ruins my enjoyment of it. Year after year I hope that it gets fixed, but the same issues keep cropping up. Players, especially the top players, are randomly traded around like baseball cards.

I was called up to the Orioles for the 2014 season, and they basically have none of their real life players still there. Weiters was gone, Markakis was gone, Reimold was gone, and Machado was gone! I didn't even recognize half of the team, and I'm an O's fan.

During the first two weeks of the season they got BJ Upton from Atlanta. Why would Atlanta let him go when they just got him, and why would he want to come to a team with absolutely no name guys? These things just would not happen, and they really ruin my enjoyment of it. The league in general looks nothing like the teams currently do. It's almost like a fantasy draft league, and I'm only in 2014! I've actually thought there was more player movement so far with this years game...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #6
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravens2k
As much as I love the game in general, the trade logic in the game continues to be something that really ruins my enjoyment of it. Year after year I hope that it gets fixed, but the same issues keep cropping up. Players, especially the top players, are randomly traded around like baseball cards.

I was called up to the Orioles for the 2014 season, and they basically have none of their real life players still there. Weiters was gone, Markakis was gone, Reimold was gone, and Machado was gone! I didn't even recognize half of the team, and I'm an O's fan.

During the first two weeks of the season they got BJ Upton from Atlanta. Why would Atlanta let him go when they just got him, and why would he want to come to a team with absolutely no name guys? These things just would not happen, and they really ruin my enjoyment of it. The league in general looks nothing like the teams currently do. It's almost like a fantasy draft league, and I'm only in 2014! I've actually thought there was more player movement so far with this years game...
That stinks, I noticed the only way for me to stop the trade from happening is to request a trade and then they end up trading me to Toronto for a catcher, might just go with that lol.

On the other note I am going to try my best to not let the trade logic hinder my enjoyment of the game. However, I guess it also helps that I haven't followed baseball in a while, if this was PES of FIFA I would probably be disappointed, which I usually am with their trade logic system sometimes.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #7
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Seems this game has many issues... This is my first year with the Show and playing almost all other sports titles I was always under the impression that The Show is the one game that doesn't have most to all of those annoying issues that can ruin the experience for any sim gamer.

But since you guys are just talking about RTTS, is there a way to at least keep the trades in Franchise mode under control?

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 03-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
Seems this game has many issues... This is my first year with the Show and playing almost all other sports titles I was always under the impression that The Show is the one game that doesn't have most to all of those annoying issues that can ruin the experience for any sim gamer.

But since you guys are just talking about RTTS, is there a way to at least keep the trades in Franchise mode under control?
30 team control, and you won't have to deal with unrealistic trades.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »