Home

A Help Pick A Team Thread

This is a discussion on A Help Pick A Team Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-10-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
Rookie

skeletore2002's Arena

OVR: 5
A Help Pick A Team Thread

I plan on playing all 162 games in my franchise once the OSFM rosters hit. I never use my favorite team (Yankees), as I don't like to trade away players from them. Basically I'm looking for a team that has a good chance of making the playoffs, but will still have at least one difficult opponent in the division. I like to use teams with good uniforms. I'm better at pitching than hitting, so I prefer a team with excellent hitting, and maybe one-two dominant pitchers, but not full of aces (no Giants, Phillies, etc).

I've narrowed it down to Dodgers, Blue Jays, and Braves. Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #2
Pro

Troopershorty51's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: A Help Pick A Team Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletore2002
I plan on playing all 162 games in my franchise once the OSFM rosters hit. I never use my favorite team (Yankees), as I don't like to trade away players from them. Basically I'm looking for a team that has a good chance of making the playoffs, but will still have at least one difficult opponent in the division. I like to use teams with good uniforms. I'm better at pitching than hitting, so I prefer a team with excellent hitting, and maybe one-two dominant pitchers, but not full of aces (no Giants, Phillies, etc).

Out of those, as an O's and Phils fan I'd have to choose the Dodgers. Personally I think I may do a Pirates one as they seem to be a team on the cusp and have a great stadium and pretty good uni's.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #3
Like Father Like son

ROABS's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:

id go with the jays out of those teams. solid overall team with good hitting and pitching. alltho im not a big fan of there stadium.

why not just go with the yankees and only make moves if they do in real life? everytime i start a season with a non favorite team i end up getting bored half way through.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #4
Rookie

skeletore2002's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROABS
id go with the jays out of those teams. solid overall team with good hitting and pitching. alltho im not a big fan of there stadium.

why not just go with the yankees and only make moves if they do in real life? everytime i start a season with a non favorite team i end up getting bored half way through.
I like to start with the real rosters, but make my own moves as the season goes on. If the Cardinals have a horrible season in my game, I want the opportunity to trade for someone like Wainwright. I don't like limiting myself to everything from real life. And I actually don't get bored using a different team, for some reason. I played a 162 game season with the Angels last year, and enjoyed it the whole time.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:35 PM   #5
Rookie

tcc23's Arena

OVR: 2

Im a Braves fan so imma say braves.

They have everything youre looking for, one ace (Medlin) and really good hitting, and struggle at one position (Third)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2013, 02:38 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:

I would pick the Jays out of those 3. Exciting club and a chance to make some noise this year for the first time in a while.

For myself, I 've got it narrowed down to the Indians or Kansas City. 2 teams I've never used before and both have a bright future
Old 03-10-2013, 02:47 PM   #7
Rookie

Dodgers

Great chance of making the playoffs, one difficult opponent in division (and huge rival) with the Giants, beautiful uniforms, great hitters throughout the lineup with Kemp, Gonzalez, Ramirez, Ethier, Crawford and the best pitcher in the NL with Kershaw (and a dominant one in Greinke)... Ticks all the boxes you need.

Add the fact that they have a ballpark that looks really nice in game, with the palm trees and the San Gabriel mountains in the background (the day games look so good there imo).
Old 03-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #8
Banned

HouseKeepinItReal's Arena

OVR: 2

1. Blue Jays
2. Dodgers

I also like to play a 162 regular season game and I also play the minor league games as that to me is 'sim'. I do whatever is necessary in that season to make the playoffs. 'The future is now!' -????

The reason I would go with the Jays is they have an exciting farm system. Simply through playing minor league games you will discover some underrated talent and this to me is the only way to play a 'sim' franchise. Baseball owners don't get to sim into the future...

Dodgers would be a pretty cool team to play with too but I am not sure about their minor league teams...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »