Home

"Can no longer afford the contract offered"

This is a discussion on "Can no longer afford the contract offered" within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-09-2013, 02:28 AM   #1

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
"Can no longer afford the contract offered"

Is this a bug or something in this game? It makes franchise mode unplayable.

I have so much money available and when I try to sign someone, I get that message(the whole "___ can no longer afford the contract offered.....the offer has been withdrawn"). I even tried signing the worst guy to smallest 1yr deal possible, and I still got that message.

Anyone else have this problem, if so, how do we fix this? I was having fun in franchise mode but now I can't even play it again until this issue gets fixed cause I can't advance further since my minor league roster isn't even at minimum. Like I said, my available budget is huge, yet I still can't sign anyone, and only like 70-80 guys signed to contracts too so not like my roster is full.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2013, 02:31 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: "Can no longer afford the contract offered"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Is this a bug or something in this game? It makes franchise mode unplayable.

I have so much money available and when I try to sign someone, I get that message(the whole "___ can no longer afford the contract offered.....the offer has been withdrawn"). I even tried signing the worst guy to smallest 1yr deal possible, and I still got that message.

Anyone else have this problem, if so, how do we fix this? I was having fun in franchise mode but now I can't even play it again until this issue gets fixed cause I can't advance further since my minor league roster isn't even at minimum. Like I said, my available budget is huge, yet I still can't sign anyone, and only like 70-80 guys signed to contracts too so not like my roster is full.
If this in the off season? If so did you already offer someone else money and are waiting to see if they sign?

For example, lets say you have 20m in cap space.
And you put offers out there for 10m 5m and 4m per year.

You wont be able to sign another player for more than 1m.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:34 AM   #3

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthday_massacre
If this in the off season? If so did you already offer someone else money and are waiting to see if they sign?

For example, lets say you have 20m in cap space.
And you put offers out there for 10m 5m and 4m per year.

You wont be able to sign another player for more than 1m.
It's offseason

No, I made sure my pending offers was at 0 and signed someone and I still couldn't.

I checked TSN bug report and seems like someone did report this too. Hopefully it does get fixed. If not, then all these changes to franchise meant nothing cause we can't play it.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:50 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
It's offseason

No, I made sure my pending offers was at 0 and signed someone and I still couldn't.

I checked TSN bug report and seems like someone did report this too. Hopefully it does get fixed. If not, then all these changes to franchise meant nothing cause we can't play it.
Make sure you hit plus 1 on the bug report. The more people that haev the issue the quicker it will get looked at and fixed.

Btw a work around for this could be to try and swing a trade maybe a 2 for 1 to get your roster full.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:25 AM   #5
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

The Pending Offers says 0? cause they include arbitration offers in there too... I missed out on Lincecum because of that, but I offered 4yrs 6.5 mill/year and he took tampa's 3 yr 4.0 mill/year... Im using boston he would have been my #2 or ace potentially if Lester went down
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2013, 04:07 AM   #6
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

The money thing is confusing. it says potential offers or whatever and available on the other side..

I try signing people all the time and apparently I cant afford it ever. I imagine it it is from arbitration and all that but its not clear enough.

A couple things I have caught on to. After the draft ditch the high priced scouts. Only hire more after you have your team set each season. Scouts aren't bound by contract so no penalties for firing. Also if you have the AI renew contracts and do arbitration, offer as little possible. They will offer way more in those type of deals than needed and added up it can be a big difference.

Still seems alittle weird.Having a 84 mil payroll and only 3 guys in the 9 mil range, then everyone else less than a mil... No high price scouts and very high priced coaches in every position (that takes up alot) and I am out of money.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:59 AM   #7
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat
The money thing is confusing. it says potential offers or whatever and available on the other side..

I try signing people all the time and apparently I cant afford it ever. I imagine it it is from arbitration and all that but its not clear enough.

A couple things I have caught on to. After the draft ditch the high priced scouts. Only hire more after you have your team set each season. Scouts aren't bound by contract so no penalties for firing. Also if you have the AI renew contracts and do arbitration, offer as little possible. They will offer way more in those type of deals than needed and added up it can be a big difference.

Still seems alittle weird.Having a 84 mil payroll and only 3 guys in the 9 mil range, then everyone else less than a mil... No high price scouts and very high priced coaches in every position (that takes up alot) and I am out of money.
thats a good tip I may have to do that, but the problem is then you have to budget for good scouts.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:22 AM   #8
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

For some reason I think the sport games nowadays penalize you for not playing all your games. I could be wrong though. I let you guys when I finished a franchise season of 162. If you look at we get unrealistic results when we simmed thru seasons... Just my two cents.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »